I'm good

“How was it?” 

Yoongi sighed as he got in the car “Felix is missing he's been missing since the day I saw him. There's an open investigation, and they're not sure what's going on” he looked down at the cup holders “is this one mine?” 

“Yeah” he nodded “wow, I'm so sorry, Yoongi, are you alright?” 

Yoongi nodded as he grabbed his drink. He took a sip and put his seat belt on as Jeongguk started the car and began pulling out of the lot “I'm okay, I think. I just really hope he's alright” 

“Me too” he reached over and took Yoongi's hand in his

“It's been a hell of a day. I wish we were still in your bed” 

Jeongguk chuckled, “Same. But.. we'll have more opportunities to waste the day away together, right?”

“Of course” He smiled at Jeongguk as he drove them towards the cafè, the rest of the ride was pretty much silent, Yoongi was trying not to think the worst, and Jeongguk was worried that maybe Yoongi didn't want him anymore. If Felix was missing and not actually just being a douchebag..Yoongi would have never slept with him or agreed to explore the thing between them because he would still be with Felix. 

He wouldn't voice it, though. That would make him feel like the douchebag ‘I know your boyfriend is missing, but you still want to fuck and date me?’ He settled on letting Yoongi take the lead, whatever he wanted, Jeongguk would respect. 

Jeongguk pulled into the parking lot of the cafè so Yoongi could get his car “text me?”

“I will” he leaned over the center console and kissed Jeongguk, he applied a little bit of pressure but before they could deepen it, he pulled back and smiled “I really like you Jeongguk. I'm looking forward to a second date?” 

Jeongguk beamed at him despite the flush creeping across his skin “me too, you're still interested in exploring this?” 

“Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?”

“It's just..when Felix comes back, I-”

“When he comes back, he and I will have to have a conversation” he nodded, he brought his hand up and cupped Jeongguk’s cheek “I already like you too much Gukkie. I'm not passing this up” 

Jeongguk didn't want to admit how that made him feel, but his smile told Yoongi what he already knew. They kissed then, soft and sweet, tongues barely touching. And then Yoongi was in his own car and heading home, knowing he needed to ask Jimin about those pictures. 

Since Jimin was working a double, Yoongi had the apartment to himself but that also meant that he had nothing to do but think. He tried not to, he sat at his desk and edited the photos from the shelter but his mind kept wandering back to the police station. To Felix being missing. He grabbed his phone and sent a text to Felix's brother 

Yoongi: Hey, I talked to the detective today handling Felix's case. Are you alright? 

Hyunjin: no, not really. I just want him to be okay 

Yoongi: me too, if there's anything I can do, let me know. Do you have any leads? 

Hyunjin: no, and thank you for thinking of me. If anything happens, I'll let you know

Yoongi: thank you

He sighed as he put his phone down, as soon as it touched the surface of his desk it vibrated 

Jeongguk: is it too soon for me to say I miss you and want to see you again soon? 

He smiled 

Yoongi: never too soon 

Jeongguk: when can I see you again? 

Yoongi: what are your hours tomorrow? 

Jeongguk: I'm off on the weekends, I go to the gym in the morning and then volunteer at the shelter. But I don't have to do either of those things really. 

He thought about it for a few minutes and pouted. He could invite Jeongguk over for the night..or see if he could go to his apartment again..but he really needed to talk to Jimin. But.. he could talk to Jimin with Jeongguk around.. 

Yoongi: wanna sleep over tonight? 

Jeongguk: really 😳

Jeongguk: yes, absolutely. When's a good time?

Yoongi: now? I was about to cook dinner for Jimin and I

Jeongguk: thought he was working a double? 

Yoongi: He is. But it'll be wrapped in the fridge for him when he comes home. 

Jeongguk: on my way. Should I bring anything? 

Yoongi: just yourself 🥰

He put his phone down and smiled, he shut off his laptop and made his way to the kitchen with his music playing. He poured himself a glass of wine and started pulling out the ingredients he needed. He felt relaxed despite everything going on. He was worried, he probably wouldn't stop worrying until Felix came home safe and sound. But that didn't mean that he couldn't relax. He couldn't save Felix, and nothing he could say or do would fix the situation anyway. 

He was in the middle of cutting up vegetables when someone knocked on the door, he quickly washed his hands and went to open the door

“Hey, come on in” 

Jeongguk smiled as he adjusted the backpack on his shoulder, he leaned in and kissed Yoongi's cheek before he stepped past him into the apartment “wow, it definitely looks like you and Jimin live here” he chuckled, making Yoongi smile as he shut the door behind them 

“Jimin did most of the decorating, but he did keep me in mind. We can put your bag in my room if you want”

“Lead the way” he motioned with his hand and Yoongi gave him a quick tour of the apartment before showing him his room and putting his bag down on the floor “I can definitely tell this is your room hyung” he teased, the entire room looked like it was covered in a grayscale filter except for a few pictures scattered on the walls and on the dresser 

Yoongi shrugged with a soft smile on his face “it's comfortable. I'll be in the kitchen if you want to wander around or come keep me company”

“I'll follow you” 

The two stayed in the kitchen, eventually cooking together and drinking wine as they talked. Maybe it was because they knew each other growing up, but Yoongi felt comfortable. He didn't feel like he needed to keep Jeongguk entertained or try too hard to keep him interested. He didn't feel awkward or apprehensive. He felt.. almost at home with Jeongguk. And that was something he'd never really felt with any of his past relationships or partners. 

He felt like he was getting ahead of himself, already thinking of the two of them as together and it made him want to reign himself in. His ex was literally missing..and instead of feeling like he needed to rush back to him..he didn't want to leave Jeongguk’s side. He felt like a piece of shit for how easy it was to fall into Jeongguk’s arms and bed. 

But just as those feelings were starting to seep into his skull, strong arms wrapped around his middle, a chiseled chin was resting over his shoulder, and a broad chest was pressed to his back “you okay hyungie?” 

“yeah” he smiled softly with a nod “I'm good Gukkie”