Always Hers (5)

Waliyah's P.O.V.

"Api!" Malli whined, "Baba is going to kill us for not telling him." I tried to ignore her, they had been here for the past ten minutes and there was no mention of the incident so maybe Faraz and Samar didn't tell their family.

"Malli," I snapped at her, "Just keep cool, now move." I was telling her to keep cool but on the inside, I was panicking, really badly. "Bring the biscuits," I say firmly walking out infront of her I force a smile on my face.

Adeel Khalu smiled as we walked out, "Kitni achi hai aapki bachiyan." (Your girls are so polite.) He complimented us,

"Ji shukeriya." (Thank you) Abba said smiling at us,

Adeel Khalu looked over at Malli, "Bhaijaan mujhe aapse maafi mangni thi," (Aayan, I wanted to apologize to you.) He began,

My heart thumped against my ribcage, my gaze went to Samar, who was coincidentally looking. at me. Panicking I shook my head no at him, Samar furrowed my eyebrows confused. I tried to point at Adeel. Khalu, hoping he would follow my finger as I did. Samar nodded, almost asking me 'What?'

I literally felt like I was about to scream, why was he so slow? "Maafi?" (Apologize?) Abba asked confused,

"Abba!" I said loudly causing everyone to look at me, "W-Woh,"(U-um) I tried to change the topic, "Api ko nahi bulienge?"(Are we not going to call Amirah out?) I say forcing a smile on my face.

Mahira Khala chuckled, "Pehle chai toh peene doh beta," (Let the elders talk and have some tea first) She replied, "Apki Api ko bula lenge phir." (Then we will call your sister out)

Abba and Amma awkwardly chuckled, Amma shot daggers at me through her gaze. I looked over at Samar again as I began to walk away. from them. Finally having my hands free, I. pointed at Adeel Khalu, and mouth 'Stop him,' Samar tilted his head to the side, once again not getting what I was saying, finding a spare decoration paper, I quickly scribbled down words on it saying 'Please stop him, Malli and I didn't tell Baba.'

Samar's eyes widened, he quickly grabbed his phone and began typing something down. Adeel Khalu's phone dinged, "Woh-" Adeel Khalu said again, but then his phone began blaring as his ringtone went off. Adeel Khalu looked down at it embarrassed, "Samar?" He said confused, "Why are you calling me?"

Samar smiled awkwardly, "Sorry Baba,"

Adeel Khalu shook his head, but as he hung up his phone, he stopped for a second. Hopefully, he saw Samar's message, "Why were you apologizing?' Baba asked. Adeel Khalu looked over at me, suspiciously. I discretly held my hands together, asking him not to tell him.

"Because we came late," Adeel Khalu said clearing his throat, "Uske liya." Breathing out a relieved sigh I lean against the wall. I know the situation hasn't completely gone away but for now, it has, I didnt want anything to ruin Api's day. 

"Wafa," Amma said smiling, "Go get Amirah,"

Nodding I wave Amal over, and we both go into Api's room. "Amal," I began smiling at Api teasingly, "He's not that cute right?"

Amal smiled, "Yeah, definitely not up to standard considering how pretty Api is,"

Api looked back and forth between us, "Really?" She asked, 

I shook my head no, "I think you can do better Api," I tried to hide my laughter, the truth was that. Atif was actually pretty handsome, and him with Api would make such a cute couple.  "Let's go outside and you'll see for yourself, Amma has asked us to bring you."