Always Hers (23)

Waliyah's P.O.V.

Walking along in the rain I try to call a hail a rickshaw lazily as Sarfaraz Khalu and Adeel Khalu's words echo in my mind. I couldn't stay in that house anymore, I couldnt risk showing my tears to anyone because if anyone asked, I didnt have an answer for them. Why. was I crying? Was I crying out of happiness? Or pure heartbreak? A heartbreak that I didnt even deserve to be having. . .a heartbreak that was completely avoidable, a heartbreak that didnt have a reason to be there.  As a rickshaw driver stopped for me, I quickly mumbled my address and tried to hold back my tears, until my mind went back to what happened in Amal's house. 

"Toh baat pakki?" (So it's final?) Adeel Khalu asked 

"Agar aap ke liya pakki hain, toh humara liya bhi pakki hain." (If it is final for you, then it is final for us.) Sarfaraz Khalu said smiling, 

A whimper left my mouth as tears began to stream down my cheeks, I tried to muffle the sounds of pain that were escaping my mouth. The driver looked back at me concerned but didnt say anything,  allowing me to have space for myself. Sobs racked my body, as my heart clenched in excruciating pain.  

Why me Allah Miyaji? What have I done so bad that you are punishing me with this one-sided love? I didnt choose to fall in love with Samar, it just happened, slowly but surely. . The more I wanted to stay away from the world the more I came closer to him.  

He would not even notice me if it wasnt for Amal, he wouldnt come to talk to me, he would approach me, this all happened because. . .no, for Amal.  I had thought that I was doing the right thing by helping them together, but I had no idea in return I would end up in so much pain, and in such an awkward position. 

Now when the. wedding ceremonies Amal will want me glued to her side, and who knows what that will put my mind and heart through. . .but I could not ditch her now, not after the happiness that she was finally receiving. 

I am not going to be a bad friend or a weak person. 

Quickly I wiped away my tears as the driver pulled infront of my house gates, I went to pay him but he pushed the money back towards me, "Aap bas. . .kush raho." (Just. . .Stay happy) He said giving me a sympathetic smile. 

"Bhaiya, yeh-"  

"Koi baat nahi,"(It's okay) He interrupted me and drove off before I could say anything. Sighing I put the money back in my purse. Checking my appearance on my phone camera, I wipe away some smudged mascara and knock on the door.

"Amma!" I call, "Open the door,"

A few seconds later, the door opened revealing Malli who had a sad look on her face, "What happened to you?"

"Baba, he. . ."

"What happened to Baba?" I ask in a panic, 

"He fainted at work, they had rushed him to the hospital but now he is home," Malli explained as I pushed past her shoving my bag in her hand. I burst through Amma and Baba's room door and rushed to his side. 

"Baba?" I asked panicked, "Baba,"

"I just gave him his medicine," Amma said tiredly, 

I look at her angrily, "Amma, why didn't you call me? So much. as happened and-"

"Everything is fine," Amma tried to calm me down, "He just forgot to take his blood pressure pills. You left so early this morning, and you know he doesnt stop when I tell him to stop, so he missed a dose."