Always Hers (10)

Waliyah's P.O.V.

Bringing an empty tray back to the kitchen for the final time, tonight I relax back against the counter. It was such a fun night, but I was so exhausted alongside dancing and singing Amma, Ayra and I had been running around all night. It was a lot of work hosting an event in our small but spacious home, it would have been nice if Thaiji and Mary Api helped, but instead, Samar and Faraz stood around to help us.

Speaking of Samar, I think Amal and him have hit it off. She was reluctant to talk to him at first, but when I finally managed to get him to go talk to Samar, they had almost talked all night, with. a few interruptions by Atif Bhai and Faraz wanting Samar's attention. Amal came to say goodbye to me with the biggest smile on her face, a kind of smile that I had missed seeing on her face, and I got to see it again thanks to Samar. She was supposed to stick around and help but Thaiji insisted on dropping her off at her home, so she had no choice but to go back home.

"Api!" Ayra yelled from the front of the house, "Where are you hiding?"

Rolling my eyes I tied my dupatta to the side and walked out to where she was, to see Samar sitting down with blood dripping out of his hand. "Ya Allah!" I say in a panicked voice, "What happened?" I reached down immediately to see the damage he had done to his hand. There was a huge gash on the inside of his palm, I sat down on the ground infront of him not minding my new clothes. "Ayra, go get the first aid kit!" I snapped at her lazy behavior, to which she immediately reacted and ran inside. "What did you do?" I ask looking up at him to see him gazing down at me amused. "What? Why are you smiling?"

"Thank you," He said softly,

I look at him confused, "Did you hit your head too?" I ask him kneeling now, I reached up to touch his head but he grabbed my hand before I could touch him. I didn't realize how close we were until I looked down in his eyes. I was a bit higher than him because of how low the stool was that he was sitting on.

His eyes. . .I felt as if I looked into them any longer I would melt into them. Why hadn't I noticed how pretty his eyes were before? "I am thanking you for letting me spend time with Amal." His words snapped me out of whatever sort of trance I was in. Quickly taking my hand out of his I sat back down so I was lower than him and he was looking down at me. "She is actually a really cool girl to talk to."

Ayra came back quickly handing me the first aid kit, Ayra hated the sight of blood so she went inside before she fainted. I am surprised she didn't faint when she first saw the cut on his hand.  "She is," I replied after a moment of silence, "Amal has the best personality, she is loving, caring, selfless and-"

"Sounds like you are describing yourself," Samar cut me off attracting my gaze up to meet his, he wasn't even flinching at the antiseptic I had put on his palm. 

"Yeah well," I sigh, "People become similar when they grow up together, unless you are Mary Api, then there is nothing in the world that can change your attitude."

Samar laughed, I took some gaze and began to wrap his hand, "Doesn't this hurt?" I ask curiously, "I mean considering the amount of blood you just lost, and how deep the cut was, you didn't flinch once."

Samar shrugged, "I guess the happiness I got from speaking to Amal is taking over the pain of this cut."

I shook my head at him in disbelief, "I knew you were weird Samar, but not this weird." I stood up brushing my clothes off, "How did you even manage to get such a deep cut on your hand?"

"I was just helping with the lights," He began to explain "And I thought Faraz was watching the ladder, but he wasnt. So I feel off and I grip the lights so hard, they cut into my hand."