Always Hers (19)

Waliyah's P.O.V

"Nervous?" I whisper to Api as we wait for Bhai to come downstairs from his room. Api nodded as she reached over and took my hand to help comfort herself. "Don't worry, Bhai is going to take great care of you."

Api exhaled heavily holding onto my hand tighter, "I know," I know she wanted, to say, 'But it won't be the same.' I know nothing could replace us in her heart, but I wish that Bhai and her new family give her so much love and care, that she will stop missing us. Even though we were only forty minutes away, I wish she would become more comfortable here, in between them, and come home and tell us. all the good stories about here. 

Bhai came down with a huge smile plastered on his face, usually, it's the groom who waits for the bride, but here it was the opposite. Ayra stood up crossing her arms over her chest, "Took you long enough Bhai,"

"Clothing malfunction," Bhai said smirking at her, 

Ayra rolled her eyes as Amma pulled her to sit down once again, Bhai and Ayra had a friendly banter going on all the time, and it was really amusing to watch. "Shuru kare?" (Shall we begin?) Bhai said sounding impatient. 

Mahira Khala shook her head and looked over at Baba for permission, who gladly said, "Ji, shuru karte hain."  (Let's begin)

Imama Sahib began reciting our prayers, as we all joined our hands together in respect of him, and fianlly, he asked the questions, that all girl dreams of. . .

"Kya aap Amirah Aayan Sultan ko apni patni ke roop mein qabool Kate hain?" (Do you take Amirah Aayan Sultan as your wife?) Imam sahib asked Atif Bhai. 

Atif Bhai's smile got wider if possible, "Qabool hai." (I do)

"Kya aap Amirah Aayan Sultan ko apni patni ke roop mein qabool Kate hain?" (Do you take Amirah Aayan Sultan as your wife?) He repeated

"Qabool hai"(I do) Bhai repeated with more enthusiasm which made Api giggle, all her worries seemed to diminish away as she listened to Bhai accept her fully into his world. 

"Kya aap Amirah Aayan Sultan ko apni patni ke roop mein qabool Kate hain?" (Do you take Amirah Aayan Sultan as your wife?)  He asked for the last time.

"Qabool Hai." (I do)  Bhai said kinda jumping in his pace, as he was sitting down. Ayra and I laughed at his actions. I had never seen a groom so exicted to say the words Qabool Hai, ever. 

Now it was Api's turn as the Imam Sahib turned to face her "Kya aap Atif Hanan Abbas ko apne shohar ke roop mein qabool karte hain?"(Do you take Atif Hanan Abbas as your wedded husband?)

Api's hand losened around mine, as she confidently said, "Qabool hai." (I do) 

"Kya aap Atif Hanan Abbas ko apne shohar ke roop mein qabool karte hain?"(Do you take Atif Hanan Abbas as your wedded husband?) Imam Sahib repeated

Api's gaze never left Bhai's as she repeated "Qabool hai." (I do)

"Kya aap Atif Hanan Abbas ko apne shohar ke roop mein qabool karte hain?"(Do you take Atif Hanan Abbas as your wedded husband?) Imam Sahib said it for the final time.

Api's eyes began to fill with tears of happiness as she said the words that would forever join them one final time. "Qabool hai. " (I do)

Both sides of our families began to congratulate one another, on the happiness of their union and our union. Before we were just two families, and now we had become a much larger family, who had mutual respect and care for one another.