Always Hers (21)

Waliyah's P.O.V.

"It feels so weird to be back at college," I say leaning back in the cafeteria chair as Amal, Rabia and I waited for our order. "Life just feels weird all in all right now." I admitted, "Without Api,"

Amal smiled softly at me, "It has only been a few days since she has been married, have you spoken to her at all?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I talked to her yesterday, and she sounded really happy, it seems like she has fit in really fast, which is good."  It has been a week since all the marriage activities have calmed down, and also a week without her. I know it is going to take some time to adjust to a missing member, but it just feels so quiet without her now.  Ayra and Malli are always doing their thing, and I am left alone to sit in my room, writing, drawing, or reading to pass the time. 

"That's good," Amal was smiling but I knew she wanted to talk to me about Samar. Rabia knew that they. were dating, but. Amal liked to keep her familial problems private. The night of the Walima I had sensed some tension between her. and Khala, but she didnt get the chance to tell me fully, and it has been a week now and I want to know what it is. It has been eating me alive, Samar and I have begun to speak less and less to each other, I knew it would happen. He had just been using me to get to Amal and now that he has her, the need for me is gone. It hurt, but those growing feelings that I had for him, had taken a pause since we stopped speaking so often, so there was the plus point. 

Rabia pushed her phone towards me, "Get your cousin to back off," She said firmly, I furrowed my eyebrows looking down at the messages, it was Mary Api attacking Rabia, telling her to stay away from Wicky Bhai.  

I showed Amal as well who just shook her head in disappointment, "There is literally nothing that can be done to help this girl." She said disgusted, she took the phone in her hand and began to type.

"Amal!" Rabia said in a panic, "Amma will kill me do not type anything back."

Amal looked at her firmly,  "I will handle her," She said and sent the message handing the phone back to her. "Wicky Bhai likes you and admires you. Why does Mary Api have to stick her nose into everything?"

Rabia sat back as she read the message, "Amal!"

"How dare you!" The devil of our lives said storming over to us, Rabia flinched as Amal and I causally sipped our teas. "Rabia, I am-"

"I sent it," Amal said standing up before she could reach Rabia, "Got a problem?" Mary Api's eye began to twitch in anger. "It is way less offensive than what you sent to her, Wicky Bhai likes her."

"She is our maid's daughter,"

"That maid has a name," Amal snapped at her, "Daniya Bhaji, the one who took care of all of us while your parents would travel dragging my parents with them." 

Mary Api scoffed, "So what? Are we supposed to bring in their peasant fucking daughter as our daughter-in-law?"

"Mary!" Amal raised her voice, Rabia and I scooched down lower allowing them to battle it out. "Rabia, Wafa, and I give you respect because you. are a year older than us, but the truth is most of the time you are not. even worthy of it. Do you have any idea how corrupted your heart is? How mean you are, and how fucking disgusting your mentality is?  Rbaia is a human being and a kind human being so Wicky Bhai fell in love with her, and Rabia began to fall in love because of his kindness. I do not see why you need to stick your nose into something that is not your business at all." 

Mary Api had nothing to say other than, "I am going to tell Khala. about the way you spoke to me today."

"And I will tell Amma about the messages you sent Rabia." Amal was not going to back down, that is why Mary Api didn't like her. "I took a screenshot, so even if you delete those vile and disgusting messages, Khalu is going to see them, and so is Amma." Mary Api's face dropped as soon as Amal mentioned Thayaji, "Don't you worry,  Api." Amal crossed her arms and stood infront of her confidently.  The color had drained from her face, visibility, "Unless you apologize," Amal gave her an ultimatum, "And back the hell off,"