Always Hers (17)

Waliyah's P.O.V.

Dear Diary, 

Yesterday Samar accidentally put haldi on me, he wanted to get Amal with it, but it got on me. . . it felt as if what was Amal's was being given to me, without asking me if I wanted it or not. It felt so wrong, that I ran inside and frantically began to wash away the haldi before it began to become special for me. These feelings that I am trying to control, seem that it is getting harder and harder.  Why. does this have to be so hard? Why did I have to begin to fall for the same man that my best friend fell for? This was supposed to be a happy time in both of our lives as Amal got married to a man who cherished and loved her, not a time of hurt and longing for me. Why didnt I notice that I was slowly falling for Samar's little antics, that I was slowly falling for all his perfections and imperfections?  Now what am I supposed to do. . .

"Wafa?" Amma knocked on my door, "Tum theek ho na?" (Are you okay?) I had decided against going to the Qureshi house today, just to help me detox from Samar. I feel one of the reasons my feelings towards him are getting so strong is because we are always around each other, and I desperately needed a break before these thoughts and emotions got to much for me to handle.  Tucking my diary in between my mattress and bed frame I slide off the bed, and open the door. 

"I am fine Amma," I smile at her, "Just not feeling the best,"

Amma reached up and felt my forehead, "Bukhar toh hai," (You do have a fever) She said softly, "Why don't I stay home as well, then-"

"Amma," I stop her shaking her head, "Go, everyone will be asking for you. I will be fine alone." Amma hesitantly nodded and instructed me to have my medications on time.  "Kyaal rakhna." (Take care of yourself)

"I will," I said waving her goodbye and the rest of my family as I locked up the gate. Breathing out heavily I made myself some tea and played some music so the house didn't feel so empty. 

Looking up at the sky, I enjoy my own company, I needed this. . .this break was much needed. Maybe this would help me clear my mind from any obnoxious thoughts that my brain has been. flooding since last night.  Samar and I could never be a thing, and I myself would never have that this happened when I myself pushed him and her together. I would not become the villain of their love story, and that is final. 

Samar's P.O.V.

I patiently waited for Wafa to come to our home today so I could apologize for last night. I know that these ceremonies and rituals could mean a lot to a girl, and I had made that mistake twice with her. Once with the ring and now with the Haldi. She had run off so fast into the bathroom I never got the chance to truly make it up to her, so hopefully tonight I could.   

As Bhabhi's family came through the door my eyes only looked for her, but she wasn't there. Amal had said that she had tried to call her but Wafa didn't answer, Amal smiled at me as she walked in behind Bhabhi's family and I waved back at her. 

Where is Wafa? Clearing my throat I text her, but there is no response, so I make my way over to greet them, and stand behind Baba. I guess Baba had the same question in his mind because the second thing out of his mouth was, "Wafa kaha hain?" (Where is Wafa?)

Ayaan Khalu sighed, "Woh, Wafa ko kal raat se bukhar chad raha tha, toh woh ghar pe hi hain." (Since last night she hasn't been feeling well, she has a fever.) 

 Bukhar? (Fever?)  I looked over at Amal who just shrugged, I guess she didnt know either. Baba nodded his head, "It was cold last night, probably that's why."