1-5. Core Nodes.

Chapter 5: Core Nodes.

Adam's POV

Apparently, Alchemy is all about creating things that grant special abilities or contribute to the growth of your nexus core. While there are various aspects, like crafting potions, healing, and the concept of equivalent exchange, let's narrow it down for now to two essential components: Core nodes and core nexus.

Starting with Core Nodes, they function as skill and stat slots. Each core nexus typically has 2 or 3 core node slots, and additional Core nodes can be developed through evolutions. These nodes can be crafted from any material, offering unique abilities and contributing stat points. For example, crafting a Fiery core node using fiery metals could grant the ability to shoot fireballs and a +2 boost to the INT stat. It's worth noting that core nodes can be removed and reinserted at will, but duplicates of the same core node are not allowed. In simpler terms, you can't have two iron core nodes. Additionally, there appears to be a 6-star tier system for all items, with more stars indicating higher quality, better stats and more abilities.

The Core Nexus serves as the central hub for all operations. It adapts and grows based on what you feed it, rewarding you with special abilities in return. For instance, providing it with fiery materials will transform it into a fiery nexus core, granting you control over fire and permanently boosting related stats like VIT and WIS.

However, there's a catch – you can't simply feed your core nexus anything. The materials need to be processed first, a rule that applies to core nodes as well. All materials must undergo a purification process to remove impurities before they are fit for use, be it for the core nexus or core nodes.

With my body boasting a solid 32 in alchemical mastery, a third of the maximum AM achievable, and Nove's extensive knowledge of alchemical techniques, I entrusted her to handle the processing. Using base arts, I extracted some stone and mud, leaving Nove to create core nodes and processed materials. These would be the offerings for my second inert "baby core," and I was eager to see the results later on.

The guy whose body I'm borrowing woke up with a sentient core, opting to level up his brainpower. Clever move for clear thinking, but it means he's exactly Mr. Muscle.

After a while, Nove said she's finished and handed me a bunch of beads—grey, brown, and a fancy white one—and told me to take a look.

Firstly, The brown bead.

Dirt Core Node (3/6 Star tier):

· Stats Increase:
Strength (STR): +3
Vitality (VIT): +3
Metal Weaving Mastery (MV): +2

· Special Attribute: Earthen Endurance (Passive)
Enhances the user's endurance, providing a slight resistance to physical fatigue.

· Special Ability:
Terra Mend (Passive): Grants the user a minor self-healing Health points (HP) points and self-regenerating Nexus Energy points (NEP) ability when in contact with natural earth. It aids in recovering from minor injuries over time.
Earthen Grasp (Active):
Allows the user to temporarily enhance their hand grip or standing stability, useful for resisting pushes, pulls, or maintaining balance on uneven terrain.

Next, the grey bead.

Stone Core Node (2/6 Star tier):

· Stats Increase:
Strength (STR): +2
Endurance (END): +2
Metal Weaving Mastery (MV): +2