1-15. Vengeful Valkyrie's Core.

Chapter 15: Vengeful Valkyrie's Core.

Adam POV

As she approached, her hand extended slowly, until finally... She gently patted my head.

"huh?" My voice escaped me as a screen popped up in front of me.

Blessing of the Astral Nymphs:
The entities residing in Nocturnal Grooves will no longer be hostile to you unless provoked.Health and NEP regeneration increased by 30% while in any nocturnal Groove biome at night.

"Woah," I exclaimed, watching as the Astral Nymph released my head, offering a smile before gracefully waving her hand and strolling in the direction the butterfly had taken. I reached up to touch my head, and sparkly dust resembling stardust gently fell off.

"That was... amazing?"

Besides the obviously amazing blessing, the entire experience left me in awe, the feeling was similar to an abandoned cat discovering a feast left by a benevolent human.

"Nove... what was that?" I inquired, still processing the enchanting encounter.

"That might be an Astral Nymph. They are the protectors of celestial butterflies and don't usually reveal themselves. There's a hypothesis that they only show themselves to individuals of pure heart or children, but it's never been conclusively proven," Nove explained.

"Huh... Cool," I muttered, trying to play it off as if encountering a cosmic lady in the wilderness was just another Tuesday. But let's be real, it was definitely not.

Before I could even contemplate my next move, a couple of eerie silver eyes peered out from the darkness of the forest. Sure, the place was illuminated by all sorts of glowing plants, but there were still plenty of dark spots lurking around... each one seemingly hiding a set of those glowing eyes.

"Uhhh, Nove... What are those?" I asked, trying to keep my voice casual despite the growing sense of unease.

"Hypothesis, could be Moonshroud spectators. They're the protectors of the Nocturnal Groove," Nove replied matter-of-factly.

"Are they... uh, hostile?" I inquired, feeling a slight tremor of nervousness creeping in.

"Normally they're not, and guide visitors to the exit of the Nocturnal Groove. They could be here due to sensing your blessing," Nove explained, though her attempt at reassurance did little to ease my nerves.

One of the silvery eyes finally decided to make a grand entrance, revealing a ghostly figure draped in a large white veil. It resembled a spectral widow, her entire body and face hidden behind the veil, except for those unnervingly glowing silver eyes that seemed to pierce through the fabric. The ghostly entity approached cautiously, as if afraid I'd bolt at the sight of her.

Instinctively, I took a step back, and to my surprise, she halted. Kneeling down, she rolled something toward me before retreating a few steps. I looked down to find... an orange? Yeah, you heard me right, a good ol' orange from back in my world.

"It's a fruit, Alper. It's called a cream orange. You've eaten them in the past," Nove chimed in, her voice betraying a sense of amusement.

Ah, I get it now. These ghostly beings were treating me like humans do when they're trying to feed or befriend a wild cat. I couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of it all. Taking the orange, I sliced it open with the dagger that I forgot to give back and began munching on it. Surprisingly sweet and with a creamy, bread-like texture, even though it looked exactly like the oranges from Earth.