1-11. Core nexus awakening.

Chapter 11: Core nexus awakening.

Adam's POV

Sooo...

I'm sitting next to Dona, the wizard lady, and now there's one more body next to the unconscious bald guy. It was Kastor's unconscious body.

Not much happened after that dude snapped and charged at me with the intent to kill. I was about to defend myself, but in the end, I didn't have to do anything. The leader of the group swooped in and threw an absolutely devastating haymaker at Kastor, knocking him away like a tumbleweed and making him unconscious.

Dona then started explaining Kastor's backstory a bit to me, but long story short, the man always wanted to be an alchemist to the point he had ruined his relationships with all his friends and family, and in the end, was abandoned by everyone. He wasn't really that good in alchemy either, but wasn't half bad after years of practice. All his life he had been trying to perfect his craft to the point of being hated and shunned by everyone he knows. He still pressed on, knowing that one day he'll be proud of himself...

Only for this dirty kid to come out of a hole, have amnesia, and then do things Kastor couldn't imagine doing in his lifetime.

I guess I'd be pretty pissed off myself if I spent my entire life trying to achieve something and a 10-year-old comes up to me, says "goo goo gaa gaa," and then builds a particle accelerator out of the dirt he scooped from my hands. Definitely would make me question my life choices.

Regardless, right now, the main thing I want is information... and common knowledge. I don't want to end up doing things on a whim that are considered insane by the people around... Actually no. Knowing me, I'd probably not care. But I still need to.

"Adam, what do you want to do now?" Dona asked me, and I looked at her.

"What do you mean?"

"You have amnesia, right? What are you going to do until you get your memory back?"

"Hmmm... I wonder," I said as I started pondering.

I looked around, and the leader was attending to his two unconscious teammates. I say attending, but he's just sitting beside them and reading a book. The twins had either built or taken out a whole research table and were studying the bones of some kind of creature carefully. My eyes then went to the unconscious alchemist and then Dona the mage. While everyone was doing random things, they were all giving me hints and ideas about what I could do next. For example, researching, reading, alchemy, but most importantly, I wanted to get better at Metalweaving so I could start making some crazy things.

"You know we won't mind if you join us," Dona said, casting a hopeful glance at her leader, who nodded like he was giving her the green light at a traffic signal. "We can teach you various things and even help you out when you're in need. And you're alone right now. You're going to need some company."

It didn't sound like a bad idea. I mean, having some allies is definitely a good thing, especially since I'm here in this world with no knowledge except from everything I know when I used to be alive.

Almost as if she could hear my thoughts, Nove started talking in my head. "Alper, please reconsider, and go back to your family. Your family must be extremely worried. We also need to bring back the information of your attempted assassination and get rid of our relations with the opposing clan."

Damn it, Nove, I've had enough of being a mobster. I don't want to do anything that is related to that again.

... Wait. What if there's a misunderstanding? And the clans are not exactly like mobsters? But something else, and I'm just making a big deal out of nothing?