Tom

A week later

The warmth of her skin against my own cold one sent shivers to my spine.
It was almost the start of December, but she was as warm as the summer's sun.
My arms were wrapped around her body as I brushed my fingers on her stomach, smiling to myself.
It had all been a nightmare, and she was actually right there, in my arms, where she belonged.
Me and Pearl were together, and nothing could've changed that.

Expect that when I rested my head on hers, her hair didn't have the usual smell of her vanilla shampoo, - it smelled like coconut instead.
Her fingers on my arms weren't as soft as I remembered, and the perfume on her skin wasn't the usual one.
Whatever, she must have changed it, I thought.
I still tried to sleep and held her tight to my chest, but I didn't feel as comfortable as I felt anytime she was near.
I still wanted to imagine that she was there, though.

'Tom', a voice whisper-yelled in my ear, but I ignored it.
I needed to sleep, I needed to see her.

'Tom, get up!', the voice said again.
I recognised Bill immediately, I just chose not to open my eyes and live in my fantasy a little longer, because I knew that once I would've seen who I was really holding, I would've thrown up.

'Alright, that's enough', he calmly said, but he raised his voice as the lights turned on and he shoved the blanket off my body.
Once the light hit my eyes, I turned to my left, just in case it was actually Pearl next to me.
But I knew damn well it wasn't, - instead it was Ashley, the girl I took home last night, who slept next to me.

I struggled to adjust to the light as my head begged me to close my eyes.
I was out partying and drinking all night, and the hangover started kicking in as soon as I stretched my arms and got up from the bed.

'What is it?', I asked Bill with a sleepy voice and half closed eyes.
I looked at my phone to see that it was 7 A.M, which meant I only got about four hours of sleep.
I needed at least 20 hours more.

'What is it?', he mocked me, as he looked to Jocelyn who was leaning against the door frame.

'Told you he's an asshole', she scoffed, rolling her eyes and turning back around.
What was her problem? And why was everyone already up and 7 A.M?

'What?', I asked Bill, growing impatient.
I just wanted to kick the bitch out of my bedroom and crawl back into bed.

'Are you fucking serious?', he laughed, as he pointed to the suitcases next to the bed.

'Oh fuck', I exclaimed, and quickly started to get ready.
Today was the day we flew to Florence, and I completely forgot because I was too focused on getting drunk and paying a girl to sleep with me.

'Yeah, fuck', Bill said, 'everyone is ready and waiting for you downstairs.'
He pointed to Ashley who was still sleeping in my bed, - in Pearl's spot, which made me furious.
'Make sure she leaves before we do.'

I glanced at her before turning my attention to Bill, and nodding.
Disappointed, but I guessed not surprised by my behaviour, he left me alone to deal with my own issues.

After quickly getting dressed and brushing my teeth, I packed a few more things and walked over to Ashley.
If she wasn't going to wake up, I would've thrown her out of the house by force.

'Get up', I said, as I harshly shook her shoulders.
All I got in return were a few tired mumbles.

'I said get up!', I repeated and grabbed her arms, making her stand up.

She gasped by my harsh way of waking her up, but I didn't care.
I needed her gone before I actually lost it.
Today was an amazing day, and I wouldn't have let her ruin it by making me lose my flight.