Pearl

When I woke up, the first thing I asked myself was why I chose to do the things that I did.
My head hurt, I felt like I needed to throw up, and the alarm ringing in my ears at 7 in the morning was waking up my murder instincts.

I opened my eyes and looked at the wall in front of me.
I always wished I was one of those drunk people that completely forgot everything they did in the morning but, unfortunately for me, I wasn't.
I remembered everything: drinking and dancing with Jocy, jumping on Tom and, of course, grinding myself on top of him, - reason why, when I felt a strong arm squeezing me against a naked chest, I didn't need to ask myself who that arm belonged to.
I looked down anyway, just to be sure, and when I saw the black ink on the forearm, I was sure I was in bed with Tom.
I was also sure that I didn't have sex with him, not technically at least, but waking up with his scent on me made me ashamed of myself as if I actually did sleep with him.

The first mistake I made that night was going to their house knowing well enough Tom was going to be there, just to piss him off.
The second, bigger mistake I made was drinking half a bottle of tequila and wine on a work night, and now I had to get up and get ready for work with nothing in my stomach and the worst hangover I had ever had in a long, long time.

After about thirty minutes of reminiscing on my poor choices, I decided to stand up and own up to it, - that was my punishment for forgetting the million responsibilities I had.
I slowly lifted Tom's arms off my body in an attempt of not waking him up, and made my way to the bathroom that was right outside of his room.
As I imagined, everyone was still asleep, so I managed to take a shower and brush my teeth without useless and annoying human interaction.
I hoped Tom was still sleeping when I walked back in his room to get my clothes and phone, but he was laying on the bed fully awake and as fresh as a rose.

'Did I wake you up?', I asked him, my voice hoarse from all the alchocol and screaming.
I didn't look at him, too embarrassed to do so, as I picked up the shorts that were laying on the ground, which was apparently going to be my outfit for the day along with the sweater I slept in.

'Yes', he replied, 'not that I slept that much anyway.'

I heard him stand up from the bed and walk behind me.
I picked up my phone and continued to avoid any eye contact, until he placed his hand on my cold stomach.
His fingers moved in circles as he tried to warm me up, while his other hand gently caressed my hair.

'Tom', I whispered, and he finally spun me around.
We were standing inches away from each other, but he didn't make a move or tried to kiss me, which I was grateful for as I was already too tired to deal with any of it.

'Wanna have some breakfast?', he asked me, a small smile tugging his lips, 'you haven't ate anything last night, and you drank a lot. If you don't eat you're going to be sick, baby.'

My cheeks got hotter, and probably redder as well judging by Tom's smirk, but I had no other choice than to nod, - I was hungry and I was going to throw up if I didn't eat in the next ten minutes.

I followed him downstairs and to the kitchen, where me and Jocy left our mess: a empty bottle of white wine, packets of cigarettes, snacks and dirty glasses everywhere.

Tom made his way to the stove to make us something to eat whilst I began to tidy up the room; while I did that, I observed Tom's naked back.

It was a sunny morning, but it was still cold outside, which didn't seem to bother him much.
His muscles were on full display for my happy eyes to see, along with a tattoo on it, which covered his entire upper back and some of his lower back.
He always had quite a muscular figure, but his back looked even more muscly after all those months, and the ink complemented it a little too well for my likings.