Childhood and Airplanes

You could say I’m a Daddy’s girl; because I am.  My Father and I are closer than anyone I know. I was the third child of four. My older brother was a genius, my sister is bipolar and my younger brother is a baby and knows how to use it.

            Yet my dad still made me feel special. He would spend weeks with me in the summer just the two of us. Swimming, walking, just hanging out. He loved me and I loved him. There was nothing that could separate us.

            When I was seven we moved to a small town across the county to a house that literally had a grass airplane runway in the back yard. Dad was so exited. He got his pilots license when we first moved. He wanted his kids to learn how to fly. My older brother was almost done with high school and needed to focus on school.  My sister just freaked out with the idea and my little bother was hesitant.

            Being the litter girl that I was I jumped at the idea. Here I am. Nine years later and I have my pilot’s license. I kept my word.  I have never seen Dad so proud of me since I accepted Benjamin’s offer to be his girlfriend.  

            Dad insisted we go up and take a celebration ride. I easily accepted, I mean I love to fly. We flew over some close family friends and over to Benjamin’s house, which was about a half mile away.  He stepped out on to his deck and waved. I smiled and turned back to the Jonson’s house.

            Then the alarm went off. It took me a few seconds to figure out what was wrong. Those few seconds cost me much.  I finally got the plane to land in the Jonson’s quarter mile driveway. The only downside is that trees surround their driveway. That’s all I remember before blacking out.