The Ninth Digivice

In Myotismon's lair, DemiDevimon had just given him the news about Gesomon's defeat over what looked like a bat communicator.

"Defeated? You say those little punks defeated Mammothmon and Gesomon?" asked Myotismon. Meanwhile outside, DemiDevimon was on the other line with his bat communicator.

"Right. Gatomon really bungled it when she hooked up with those nincompoops." said DemiDevimon, laughing. "I guess she's no better than the rest of us."

"Think that's funny?" asked Myotismon, clearly not amused.

"Of course not, boss." said DemiDevimon.

"Then knock off the chattering and find the 9th child before I lose my patience." said Myotismon.

"Aye! Aye! Myotismon rules! You'll see!" said DemiDevimon and flies off, laughing.

After dropping off the other digidestined on the other side of the bridge, they had gone their separate ways home. Tai, Keiko, Koromon and Renamon were now walking towards their home. "Gee, Tai, I sure hope that your sister Kari is over her nasty cold." said Koromon.

"So do I, Koromon." said Felicity.

"Me too. You know, it's really weird." said Tai. "Last time we were here, she remembered what happened four years ago."

"Back then, I had to sort of translate what she said because Kari was talking through her whistle." said Keiko.

"What does Kari look like?" asked Renamon.

"You'll have to wait and see for yourself, Renamon." said Keiko, smiling when Tai realizes something.

"Oh wow! You guys don't think it's possible that Kari's the 9th child?" asked Tai.

"Um...." said Renamon and Keiko in unison, looking nervously at each other. "We know nothing about that."

Meanwhile at the Kamiya residence. "Here Miko." said Kari, wearing her orange pajamas with her whistle around her neck as she sets down a bowl of milk for the cat, who was wearing a pink ribbon with a bell attached to it.

"Hello Kari, we're back." said Yuuko Kamiya, Tai, Keiko and Kari's mother, walking into the apartment.

"Is everything all right, sweetie?" asked Susumu Kamiya, Tai, Keiko and Kari's father, entering the apartment as well.

"Hi. Everything's just fine." said Kari, leaving the bedroom that she shares with Tai and Keiko. Miko then goes back to drinking the milk Kari had set out for her until she starts hearing the beeping of the ninth digivice under the bed.

"So what was wrong with grandma?" asked Kari.

"She took a bit of a fall, that's all. She sprained her ankle when she was out for a walk but it's not serious. She has to stay in the hospital for a day and she's hopping mad cause it cuts into her dancing lesson." said Susumu, getting a soda out of the refrigerator.

"That's grandma. Here." said Kari, handing her dad a glass.

"Thanks Sweetpea." said Susumu. Meanwhile, Miko had taken Kari's digivice out on the balcony. "Grandma was worried about your cold and said daddy should remember your sweater next time." said Yuuko, putting on her apron.

"I feel back to normal now." said Kari, assuring them that she was fine.

"Huh? You look so much better, but let's just check to make sure." said Susumu, placing his hand on Kari's forehead. Back on the balcony, Miko was playing with Kari's digivice. "You feel about as cool as a cucumber." he said to the oldest twin as she smiles at him.