City Under Siege

"Flower Cannon!" shouted Lillymon, firing her attack at Myotismon, but it does nothing on him.

"Do you expect to beat me with germaniums? Nightmare Claw!" bellowed Myotismon as he sends a claw made of shadows at Lillymon, causing her to scream in pain and lose her color.

"Lillymon!" screamed Mimi as she watches her Ultimate level Digimon fall to the platform above her where Sora and Toshiko were.

"Get out of here, Sora! Now!" said Toshiko.

"But what about you, Mom?" asked Sora.

"Just go!" Toshiko ordered her daughter, getting her to safety.

"Grizzly Wing!" shouted Myotismon as he sends his bats at Lillymon.

"Oh no, they're going to get her." Mimi cried out as Birdramon takes off into the air.

"Meteor Wing!" screeched Birdramon as she fires her attack at the bats, destroying them as she swoops down and grabs Lillymon.

"Sora, get out!" said Mimi. "He's way too strong."

"What are you waiting for?! Get away you...you things! Sora, go!" said Toshiko. Sora then makes her decision and takes off, jumping off the platform and onto Birdramon's foot as she takes off. "I'll come back as soon as I find the others. Don't worry, Mom." said Sora.

"Let me go! Let me go!" shouted Toshiko as two sets of Bakumon took her and Mimi away.

Meanwhile at the unfinished building. "Poor Agumon. You're always getting beat up." said Kari as she and Felicity were bandaging up the orange dinosaur's paw. "There, how does that feel?"

"You're getting good at this." said Agumon as the Kamiya twins laughed.

"She had a lot of practice on me, Agumon." said Keiko, smiling at him and Renamon.

"I'm glad that you have someone like her, Keiko." said Renamon.

"Me too." said Keiko, smiling at Kari who then smiles in return.

"No way!" Tai exclaimed behind them, causing Kari, Keiko, Agumon and Renamon to look over at them.

"Way. It's true." said Matt. "I saw the whole thing."

"That creepazoid! He's cut off the whole entire district." said Tai.

"Mm-hmm. It's that crazy fog bank of his." said Matt.

"This is insane. Holding thousands of people prisoner just so that he could find the 9th child." said Tai.

"And there's no telling what he'll do if he doesn't find her." said Matt and Tai kicks a can in anger before he sits down on a bench.

"This is all my fault, isn't it?" Kari asked softly, making the two boys look up at her as Keiko stood next to her with Renamon behind her. "It's all happening because he's looking for me, right? That's why mom and dad and everybody are...."

"Kari..." said Keiko.

"Now, don't say that. It's not your fault. It's the way things are. It's called destiny." said Tai, walking over to the twins and placed a hand on each of their shoulders. "Don't either of you worry. I'm gonna bring back Mom and Dad home safe and your little buddy, Gatomon too."

He chuckled as he tried to lift the mood and turns around to face Matt. "Hey, Matt. Do me a favor and look after the twins till I get back." said Tai.

"Uh, sure. No problem." Matt said.

"Keiko, I need you and Renamon to help Matt. I know I can count on the both of you to protect Kari." said Tai.

"You got it, Tai." said Keiko.