Chapter 16- Mutation

This chapter is short but relevant (look in chapter 22 in Mockingjay if you don't believe me.)

Thanks for reading, leave a vote and/or a nice comment if you enjoy

-

Everything is so calm, empty, blank...

This isn't real. But it seems real and it feels real. What is real anyway? What makes something real?
Something intrudes my peaceful mind, a pair of menacing, greedy eyes... sharp teeth that would draw blood from a single prick... a mind that has only one thought and one purpose, to kill.
A voice slithers its way into my mind.
One word, a name.

Katniss

It's barely audible, but I can understand it just fine.

Katniss
I can't seem to form a coherent thought but a ton of emotions thrash around my mind so easily.

Katniss

Anger, sadness, fury, terror, fear, devestation.

Katniss

Fear stands out among anything else, fear of the truth, fear of death, fear of her.

Katniss

I can feel myself shudder, there's a certain coldness that spreads through me like that one word is a knife slicing my heart to pieces.

Katniss

Maybe it is.

Katniss

A threat.

Katniss

It's not just one voice now, it's a group of hisses.

Katniss

An image forms into my mind. An image of a girl. Dark brown hair, gray eyes, and a murderous look.

Katniss

So it is her. She is the killer, she is the one who destroyed everything I know. Death, she is death.

Katniss

More feelings pour into my brain, I don't know where they come from. Abandonment, betrayal, horror, heartbreak.

Katniss

I can feel myself trembling, there is more fear, the girl is going to kill me, she's going to kill everyone. I can see it on her eyes, her eyes are like shadows threatening to swallow up every living soul.

Katniss

Hatred, anger, revenge, determination. My fists are clenched, fingernails dig into my palms.

Katniss

I have to kill her, before she destroys everything.

Katniss

The hissing voices are like chants now. They seem thirsty for blood.

Katniss

Thirsty for her blood.

Katniss

Death, they want death. They want to rip apart her limbs and sink their teeth in her flesh.

Katniss

They want her dead too.

Katniss

The chants seem to cheer me on like a rallying audience desperate for action, hungry for death of a monster.

Katniss

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but it seems like I'm chanting along in a hoarse whisper under my breath.

Katniss

Katniss

Katniss.