Chapter 15 : A set of quills

Sirius and I were together more as time passed. It had been about a month since the incident. Things were more calm. Sirius was starting to be himself again as well as the others.

They still all missed each other but i'm sure eventually it would be fixed.

I was at hogsmeade with Sirius. It would've looked like a date to anyone who didn't know them but the idea of me and Sirius going on a date was absolutely absurd.

"Y/n," Sirius stops in his tracks "Look."

I turn to where he was pointing. It was a small shop of various types of animals. "Let's go!" I grab his hand laughing as we run into the store.

The shop was pretty empty but had a few customers. We looked around at the animals. There were many owls.

I take a few seeds in my hand letting the owls eat off of it. Animals were so cute.

I turn around and see that Sirius wasn't behind me. I look around and find him in the back corner of the shop.

He was crouched to the floor. I took a few steps towards him seeing what he was so interested in.

It was a small black cat with enormous green eyes. "You like cats?" I ask interrupting the moment.

Sirius turns around to face me and shrugs a bit, "I'm more of a dog person. My brother though, Regulus, he's a sucker for these things."

I crouch beside Sirius petting the cat on its head, it nuzzled closer into my palm.

Sirius smiles softly at the sight.

"I'm very fond of cats." I say continuing to pet him while he purred.

"Why don't you adopt one?" Sirius asks, the cat strayed over to him slightly attacking his fingers in a playful manner.

"I can barely take care of myself." I laugh at the sight of Sirius and the cat, "I can't have a furry little creature running around."

Sirius nods his head understanding where I was coming from.

We had played with the cat a bit more. "Okay I think we've ought to leave nibble alone." I say watching Sirius enjoy the cat to much, "Mr. Dog person."

Sirius rolls his eyes at what I called him but then made a confused face, "Nibble?"

I grab his hand drawing my finger down the cats bites marks on Sirius's fingers. "Nibble."

Sirius let's out a horsey laugh. "I love it."

We eventually did have to leave Nibble behind. It was sad to see him put back in his cage, meowing furiously.

Walking on we found ourselves in a bookstore. I might've had to drag Sirius in but he still came.

Sirius insisted on going to look at the comic books while I searched for this muggle book i've been interested in.

I grab for the book but so does another. I look up to meet the eyes of Remus. "Oh hi!"

"Hello y/n, been wanting to read this?" He gestures to the book and I eagerly shook my head.

There was only one copy left. "Take it though" I say being polite, "Just let me borrow it when your done."

Remus rolls his eyes playfully, "Do you not see the stack of books in my hand? Y/n take it."

"Are you sure?" I ask not wanting to be rude.

He nods his head smiling warmly. "Let me know if it's any good and then you can have me borrow it."

"Will do" I say in response, picking up the book from the shelf.