Chapter 21: Perfume

James and I had kissed. And kissed. And kissed. I didn't know two people could kiss for so long. I mean I hadn't even ever kissed anyone before.

I wasn't complaining though. James was good at it, and I couldn't have been horrible.

Considering the time spent.

We had eventually stopped though and I sat beside him, leaning against his strong build. His foot was tapping against mine slightly.

"You're okay right?" James says, as if he had forced me to just make out with him. I know he was being genuine though.

"Yeah." I softly breathed out. He started to laugh, as did I. I wasn't sure what we were laughing about but as we kept laughing it just got more funny.

"I guess we accomplished the dare after all huh?" James says smirking a lot. I look up at him for the first time since we kissed. He was more red then I thought.

"I guess so." I smirk back at him.

Although kissing James was really good, it wasn't what I expected. I thought i'd feel more fulfilled but I didn't.

That's okay though. Maybe kissing wasn't as important as I thought.

"I should head out." James finally speaks, "Don't want Sirius to walk in, all assuming."

I imagine the thought of Sirius catching James and I together, kissing. My stomach turned a bit, "Yeah it's better if you go."

James stood up and put his hand out for me to grab, which I did. He pulled me into a short hug. It felt like it would be our last one. The way he slightly squeezed my body before letting go completely.

"Thanks for being here." James smiles before leaving my room.

I thought about what he had said, longer then I anticipated. James and I were still friends. I don't think we're more. Did he see me as a rebound? or am I permanent replacement.

Did he even like me?

There's so much I should've asked. Nothing he could probably answer but I could've told myself it was 'worth a try' instead of just pathetically thinking.

Yet again, it's James Potter. You can't complain about what you get from him. That's what i'll keep telling myself anyways.

Sirius came crashing into our room, interrupting my thoughts per usual. He was all smiley walking in but soon stopped in his tracks to stare at me.

"Has James been around?" He asked scrunching his face.

I panicked at his words. How did he know so easily? I didn't say anything and thankfully he continued.

"It smells like that girly perfume he used, convinced himself it would attract ladies. " Sirius barked with laughter at the thought.

"No that's just my new perfume, my mom sent it a while back." I force a laughter trying to push the conversation away.

"Well it smells nice." Sirius winks at me, trying to be flirty as always.

I mentally facepalm knowing that it was in fact James's 'girly perfume'. "Thanks."

I watch Sirius as he walks with great pride to his side of the room. I admired how he never failed to seem confident in himself.

Yet that brought me back to when he was vulnerable. How much I appreciated that he'd let me see that side of him.

"Any plans for the rest of the day?" Sirius asks, "Or are you just going to be staring at me?"

I roll my eyes, "Don't flatter yourself, Black."

Sirius lets out a foolish laugh, a huge grin plastered on his face.

"How about we go on a walk?" Sirius asks, and I was about to answer with a causal 'sure' but something was holding me back.

The hickey peeking through his shirt, and the feel of James's lips still lingering slightly on my lips. It felt weird still staying close to Sirius.

I know Sirius and I were supposedly platonic, but weren't we technically both seeing other people? Well Sirius was definitely seeing multiple people.

I didn't want to be another girl Sirius is adding to his list. I already feel like one with James.

And frankly I don't know how much more of that I can take.

"I think i'll have to pass, sorry." I turn down Sirius. Which was a first because Sirius usually always gets what he wants.

I could see the visible shock on Sirius's face but he quickly smiled. "Alright, i'm gonna shower then. I'll be quiet so you can sleep."

He shuffled on to the bathroom closing the door behind him. I heard the shower turn on as I sat down on my bed. I quickly fell asleep to the falling sound of water.