Chapter 1

The beautiful sunlight filters through my window, sending rays bouncing around my room. I sigh as a yawn works it's way through my body. The sharpness of the world around me never fails to amaze me, I know the world is strange. The killings have doubled and I wonder how people can be so heartless.

I stretch my body, trying to become more awake. I grab my phone from where it lives, I have five missed calls. Shit I think to myself, I look at the time and shake my head. It's only 11:00. I become angry at Tasha, she knows I don't get up until I want to.

I text her a quick message, I hate you, you know I want to sleep in.

Two minutes later she replies with, yeah you know you love me really. I know you don't like getting up but this is important, meet me in the lobby in five.

I shake my head and reply with a simple, okay.

I look around my room, the different Shade's of red are brightened by the sun, the real oak desk is full with my school work and my laptop sits open with various tabs I had open yesterday.

My wardrobe stands tall against the back wall, it's oak completion is stark against the red wall. I shake my head, I have analyzed my room so many times that I could have walked around blind.

I walk to my wardrobe and open its big doors, looking for something to wear. I find a black tank top, I shrug. it's better then the pink one. I look for my favorite ripped jeans, they are faded black. I sigh as I look, wondering where they are. then I remember that they are on my chair next to my desk.

After dressing I walk down the old staircase, the steps creak under my weight.

My mother waits at the bottom, her face worn with age. Her deep blue eyes sparkle.

"Hey mum, why are you here. I thought you had to work?" I ask once I've reached the bottom.

"Hey sweetie, my boss called earlier. He wants me to work the night shift" she replies.

"Oh, I thought you hated the night shift?"

"Yeah honey, I do but he says he will pay me double. I can't beat that, you know moneys tight with all the cut backs"

"Okay, you want me to come meet you after work?"

"Yeah that would be nice"

"Okay, I've got to go out and meet Tasha. I'll be home later"

"Bye, see you later" My mum yells as I run out of our house.

I look at my phone, I've got two minutes to get to the lobby. I can't make it, it takes ten minutes and that's at a run.

I'll be there in ten I quickly text Tasha.

I start to jog down the road, the sun glares down on me. I grit my teeth and wipe the sweat from my head, three more minutes and I'll be there. The dust on the road tries to choke me but I breathe in and out through my nose.

I rush into the lobby and collide with a boy about my age, I have to do a double take when I see him. I feel my eyes widen and my jaw drops. He tilts his head and smiles.

"uh, s-sorry" I stutter.

"It's okay" He replies, his voice makes me want to curl up by his feet and purr. I feel my disgust at the thought and I turn without a backwards glance.

I scan the lobby, looking for my erratic friend. I find her back the lift, I shake my head and run over to her. She looks like hell I think to myself. Her long wavy blonde hair sticks up in every direction and her bright green eyes don't shine like usual.

"Tasha, what's up? Why do you look like hell?" I ask, concerned for my only friend.

"I know who is taking and killing people" She replies, talking extremely fast.

"WHAT" I gasp.

"Yeah, I know who it is. I'm sorry, I'm just scared. I just had to tell someone"

"Oh my god, are you sure?"

"Yeah, listen you can't repeat that I know okay?"

"I won't Tash, just don't do anything stupid without me"

She nods and I hug her, I'm slightly scared that she knows who is killing people but I trust her judgement. I know she won't do or say anything without telling me first.

She sighs into my pitch black hair, I've always been jealous of her lovely blonde hair. I shake away that thought, she's my best friend and it doesn't matter what she looks like.

"My mum just text me to come back up stairs" Tasha says.

"Okay, I'll see you later" I say.

She nods and heads for the lift, I shiver knowing she's going into that little box. I've never liked lifts, I wave as the doors shut. she waves back and the lift goes up.

I shake my head and yawn, I glance at my phone. it's only 12:30, I roll my eyes and start to walk home. The world takes on a strange weather pattern on my way home, dark clouds gather around my house. I shiver even through it's not cold, I feel like I'm being watched. I shrug off the feeling and hurry home.

I open the door and see the house in shambles, chairs are knocked over and the sofa is slashed. The TV is on the floor with glass all around it. I start to head towards the kitchen, wondering where my mum is and hoping that she's safe.

"MUM!" I yell once I confirm that she isn't in the kitchen.

"Up here" I hear her yell from the loft.

I hurry up the stairs, the whole house has been trashed. I gulp and I see claw marks in the wall by my room. I grab the string that pulls the loft stairs down, I pull it and walk up the stairs before they are on the ground.

"Mum" I whisper. I see her curled up in the corner and I feel tears fill my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, they came in and luckily I was up here, they didn't come up" She replies tightly.

"It's okay" I say as I hug her, I hate that my mum feared for her life in our own house.

I pull my phone out and text Tasha, Hey Tash, could you come up to mine. My place has been trashed?

The reply comes almost instantly, Me and my mum are on our way, don't move they could still be there

Unable to think of anything else to text I reply with, okay.

********************************

What does you guys think of my new book, I'm making it for the #wattys2015 award.

I hope you all like it.

Thank you to all the people who had viewed and commented on my other books.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

What do you think will happen next?

Love and Peace.