chapter 12

I wake up to Ava crying next to me, I lift my arm up and put it around her. She looks at me with wide, puffy eyes and I know that something is wrong.

"what is it young one?" I ask her.

"I'm scared" She replies, she sniffs then grabs onto me with a force that I didn't know she had.

"It's okay, it's all going to be okay" I whisper, rocking her back and forth.

I yawn and get up, Ava jumps up and goes to look for Jake. I shake my head at her and I get dressed. We need to bury our fallen pack mates.

I walk into the living room and see the pack, with mugs of hot chocolate and tear stained faces. I shake my head and turn the light on, they were sitting in the dark.

"Come on, we have a burial to do" I command. Most of the wolves just look at me, I growl at them and they jump up; ready for action.

I walk into the garden to see the graves already made, all we have to do is bless the bodies then lay them to rest. my head hurts and I hear my wolf telling me what to say to bless them.

I rush to where the bodies are being kept, the rest of the pack fill in after me. I take in a deep breath and begin the chant.

"Fallen pack mates, we give you this blessing so that you may join the fallen wolves. Be free, you are love and will be forever in our hearts. We have got pay back for your deaths, you can run forever and ever without fear of being hunted, good night and may the wolf ancestors join you on your way. Run free forever more" I finish with a wolf howl, to make sure that the wolf part gets to be with their ancestors.

We chant this for all four of our fallen pack mates, I howl the longest as I was their alpha.

I gently, pick one of the bodies up and slowly walk towards the graves, three of my pack mates pick the others up and we gently place them in their resting places.

I howl one last time and the pack join in, our mournful howls mingle to create a beautiful sound that would haunt a grown man's dreams.

I make sure that the pack is okay before I dart off to have a run through the woods, my wolf is eager to get rid of all the death that surrounds us. 

I jump fallen logs and climb hills, my wolf enjoys the time to just be a wolf without a pack to worry about and without the alphaness that we have to deal with.

I shake my head as I head back to my pack house, my wolf warns me that there is something wrong but I don't know what. I just hope the pack is safe.

I glance behind me and see a person, a bullet flies past my shoulder and I yelp. I narrow my eyes and jump towards the person, he dodges me and shoots again. Fire runs through my veins as the bullet hits home.

I take him down as fast as I can, I need to make it back to my pack. The bullet wound throbs with every step and I know that it's silver, nothing else would hurt this much.

*********************************************************

I hope you like it :)

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow