Chapter 16

The pups drag their paws, we have been running for three hours straight. I huff at Dray and he nods, it's time to have a rest and hope that the pack will catch up.

I feel my wolf close to the surface, just in case something went wrong and the hunters followed us. The pups watch me and Dray as we check out a little cave to make sure no threat is there.

When we bark to say it's clear, the pups pile into the cave and curl around each other. Most of them stay in wolf form but the ones that are to young to shift, they huddle against me and Dray for warmth.

I wait for them to fall asleep before I turn to dray "How come you got away and left us?".

"I needed to get help, I was injured and I knew I couldn't get you out if I didn't leave some time to heal!" He replies.

"Oh, night Dray" I reply.

"Night, my love" He says before I fall into the world of dreams.

"Ellie, wake up!" I hear as my shaken awake.

"What?" I growl, my patience wearing thin.

I look outside and dray doesn't have to say any more, hunters are looking for us. I shift and let the pups climb on me before we set off running in a different direction, to throw the hunters off our trail.

We run all day, only stopping for a little break to catch some food. The pups are worn out by the time we settle in for the night, before they pass out we check the area for hunters or any other threats and we find nothing so we settle them in for a good nights sleep.

I hear a growl, I jump up and shift. My wolf paces, hoping it was just my imagination but I don't think it was.

"Who are you and what are you doing?" I hear someone shout.

I shift back and walk out into the unknown, five werewolves watch me with hatred in their eyes. I sigh and turn to the pups who sleep silently.

"can we please talk somewhere else?" I ask.

"Fine" The leader replies.

I follow him to a fallen tree, he whirls round and glares at me. I frown at him and wait for him to speak.

"Why are you here?" He finally asks in a softer voice then before.

"My pack got ambushed and we got free but they followed us and I took the pups so they could live. I'm not really sure if the rest of my pack is alive or not" I reply, my voice tightens as I think about my pack and how I just got them.

"we will help you" he says after awhile, hope begins to appear deep down.

I nod and we walk back to where the pups are staying, I gasp when I see them. Blood coats all of them and I look around wildly for an attacker but I see none.

"Relax, they aren't hurt. It's animal blood, they were hungry so we caught some food for them" The leaders second laughs.

"What is your name?" I ask the leader.

"Oh, sorry my name is Percy. What is yours?" he laughs.

"Mine is Ellie and that guy over there is Dray" I reply.

We follow Percy and his pack to what he calls a safe house, he finds some clean clothes for us and puts the fire on.

I sigh into the hot chocolate that I nurse, my mind swims with the thought of my packs death. I think about the pups and how their parents might not be alive, what am I going to do? Can I raise them all?

"Why don't you get some sleep, tomorrow is a huge day" Percy says from the door way.

I nod to him and settle down for the night, Jake and Ava curl up next to me and I place my cup on the side before laying down.

********************************************************

Another chappie :)

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow :)