Chapter Eight - The Grace of God

Peter complained quite an amount to Paul about life ongoing in the hospital over the next week, due to continue until the next Sunday or Monday morning, and perhaps for even longer if any concerns came up.... Well, he had an endless supply of black tea, herbal peppermint or red berry tea and coffee in the dining room area of the hospital, and Paul would bring him in money for sandwiches and pasties and sausage rolls or galaxy bars.... but nothing would beat downing alcohol and having pizza take away, or going to restaurants with Charlie-Jane. Peter did have some TV channels and the radio but he wanted to play playstation and xbox and watch Gran Torino and The IT Crowd, which wasn't quite the same as the nightly Eastenders.... (which he had to admit, he could be getting in to!) He wanted his own comfy and warm bed, he didn't like the plastic mattresses or single (quite cold) sheets - no, on his bed he had a heated electronic blanket and about 7 pillows, he missed socialising and his friends..... he missed going to the pub and to the cinema, and he missed going to Pauls whenever and going on walks with his staffordshire bullterrior dog: Doey. He had an endless supply of pens, paper, books, food and drink at home and could always go to the shops but here and now he had to rely on Paul to bring these things in.... he didn't like to feel like a burden. And the mealtimes were set so Peter took to stealing food from the meals and eating it in the middle of the night, taking it from his bedside table. The books kept Peter a little less bored - he was reading as many Wayne W. Dyer books that he could.... and Paul then had asked about the medical drugs programe that pater was in, which as it turned out, was the best thing about the entire stay. (Peter had a slight phobia of hospitals due to only being in there for a broken arm and leg and various takings of blood, which had hurt him.... he was even scared of needles.) but he was on a medical proceedure where by he could have a bit of the drug still, but take Mathadone, and they were due to start him on another medicine too (he knew not yet what) as he had been such an adamant user and it was extreme, they were worried Methadone wouldn't be enough... and step by step Peter would have the dosage of the drug lowered until he could stop it and then only be taking the medicines, and then lower the dose of them until he was totally and completely free of them all!
"This is Excellent!!" congratilated Paul, "I might just start this myself. How do I get into thee programme?"
"You just go to a hospital or doctor and tell them and they can help, but they have to do drugs tests on your first to confirm you've them and to what extent and what dosage, and to know exactly how much they need to give you to start with."
"Hmm... and I wont be arrested?"
"Confirmed." said the CIA, "You are not under arrest. We are aware of your innocence."
Paul and Peter had been very wary and reluctant to tell anybody about thier using... but "needs must." said Pater and shrugged and paul thought carefully.... He decided to come out into the open for the medicical specialist of his own choosing who he could trust... and Peter and paul shook hands.

But for Paul it wasn't going to be as easy.... and his life would be drawing to an end.

"Was there anything else you wanted to tell me?" asked paul.
"There was one thing.... I saw something last night...."