Chapter Twenty - The Grace of GOD

Dear my Lord God and my lord jesus,

When I was a child i remember my parents separating and fighting and i was only just two years old and I was taken into care and everybody used drugs and hit each other, and I remember going hungry and thursty and never having any money, and i remember being locked inside with drunk foster parents and they wouldn't let me out of locked rooms which had feces on the walls and urine on the floor, and i remember vicious dogs attacking me, and i remember being assulted on the street, pickpocketed and beaten by gangs, and i remember being harrassed with murder threats and i remember being violently and pysically and emotionally and mentally abused and i remember i was never loved... i remember i only wanted somebody to love me and i hated myself.

Amen.

Dear God and jesus,

I remember how much I hated myself and i just wanted to be a happy and better person and one day a friend of ours offered me drugs and i felt on top of the world and i loved who i was, i was a completely different and confident person!! I was happy, i really felt happy, and i decided this was ... well, i knew no better because i'd grown up around it and i thought it was normal but i had a good reaction and i thought drug use was normal and i took it all the time, every day, and i didn't realise what would happen to in the end... i knew there was something wrong because i didn't want sociaety and my friends to know and i kept it a secret from those who didn use but i been told to not tell them and i am only a boy...

Amen.