1.

Prologue

Ashes from the battle of the Trojan War settled as Ares fought alongside admirable men but was wounded as Athena took a wooden spear and dug into Ares shoulder.

Immortal or not, Ares bleeds out while lying against a dead man ready to close his eyes until a glimmer of fire sparks his eyes open again.

Saphrina, a purifying angel, one who heals with fire, comes to Ares rescue and has another nursing angel help put him on a cot to move him to a place to fix his deep impaled wound.

Getting ready to close the wound, Ares grabs her wrist with bloodthirst, not trusting her motives towards him.

"I can heal on my own. I don't need a feathered thing saving me with their magic tricks."

Saphrina pulls his hand away and continues what she was about to do, having Ares roar in pain.

The other angel stands guard of the medical hut, watching, observing the technique Saphrina had used on Ares.

"How long will he be asleep?" The angel asks Saphrina.

Wiping her forehead from the small beads of sweat, Saphrina gets a bowl of water to soothe the area around the wound on Ares shoulder.

"Depends on him really," Saphrina says, starting to cleanse Ares' body as he lies asleep.

"Do you know who he is?" The young angel says almost out of fear.

Saphrina stops dabbing Ares' body and sighs looking at the young angel.

"Ares, God of War. Yes, I know who he is and I'm not scared of a man with animalistic behavior for war or anything for that matter."

Bowing his head, the young angel takes that as a be silent and just stands guard without asking questions, as Saphrina raises her eyebrow and continues nursing Ares body back to health.

With a few hours going by, Ares awakens and Saphrina is gone leaving herbs for him to apply to fully close the wound with a few instructions on how it should be done.

Aphrodite comes running into the nursing hut and sees Ares ready to spring out of the cot he was laying in.

"They said some feathered nurse took you in to heal that nasty wound Athena inflicted on you out on that battlefield, are you okay my love?"

Ares huffs in pain but grabs the small note Saprhina left and hides it in his pocket.

"Wouldn't your husband question why you're not with him and in here with me," Ares says nonchalantly.

Aphrodite holds Ares' dirty face, looking into his eyes.

"You know my love for you is different from your brother Ares."

Ares moves Aphrodite's hands off him, turning to feel the bandage wrap that's tightly around his shoulder.

"I'm tired of being your secret lover. I don't care what you do with him but with me it should be fully focused on me."

Aphrodite scoffs, "What are you saying Ares?"

Ares looks at Aphrodite now saying, "I'm tired of loving you in the dark Aphrodite."

Leaving without wanting to hear her rebuttal, Ares has a set mission now, starting to search for the fire angel who saved him.

****

Saphrina is on another battlefield helping those who have been badly hurt, to only be dragged away by the higher ups of angels.

"Saphrina Everhart, what were you thinking? Meddling in the Trojan war? Especially with that savage Ares?"

Saphrina bows her head while saying, "We serve those who need saving. That's what I was doing, your Higher being."

With their head to the side they say, "Stay away from those Greek Gods. They bring nothing but ego and savagery everywhere they go and we are far from that."

Saphrina nods while keeping her head bowed.

"Yes, your Higher being."

Being released, Saphrina looks for the one angel who would tell such a thing and walks up to them gracefully.

"You're young, understandable but when it comes to ratting me out the way you did, well maybe you shouldn't be learning from me. You'll just become a rebel and as you just saw, rebels are not allowed here."

The young angel bows their head asking for forgiveness but Saphrina just bows her head back leaving.

While walking out the pearly gates, a man stands there waiting in between.

"You...you're the angel aren't you?" The man asks her, pointing almost in an accusing manner.

"You are?" Saphrina says trying to see his face but the fog was so thick she could just make out that he was tall.

"I'm the one you saved, Ares."

Saphrina furrows her eyebrows and gulps in confusion.

"Are you here to thank me or kill me?"

Ares walks up more to Saphrina with this captivated look on his face really looking at her.

"Thank...I'm here to thank you and to apologize for being such a brute."

Saphrina clears her throat and nods, "Well, if that's all I have to keep helping others."

From that moment on Ares had set in his mind that she, Saphrina, was the one he would like to love fully and unconditionally and not be held as a secret.

But what comes with this choice, comes great pain, the type of pain these two could never imagine and once they fully let go and let their hearts take over, a whirl storm of many things put their new undying love to a test.