Mackenzie's thoughts.

Kenzie

I want this to be over, all of it. Everyday I sit alone in my room and tell myself I'm not good enough to be with Bluey. That my mom could have been saved if I had just been at home that day. I just... I want it to end.

I start to tear up in the eyes as I walk with Bluey, she noticed pretty quickly.

"Kenz? You alright?"

I can't do this, my life is just a roller coaster full of pain, the only good thing is Bluey, that's all I have left.

"Kenz? Hello?"

It is all I would ever want for her, to be with someone that can provide for her. I can't do that yet, I don't go back to work until next week! I hate this, I'm ending it right now.

Without even realizing it, I had a knife in my hand and Bluey pleading with me to drop it.

"KENZIE STOP! DONT DO THAT TO YOURSELF! PLEASE MY LOVE WHATEVER IS GOING ON I CAN HELP!"

I went on, cutting my arm over and over, then I was brought back by brother set of pain...

It was Bluey... she had slapped me across the face...

"B-bluey?" I say staggering, recollecting myself, I saw her with tears in her eyes.

"Kenzie... Stop... Please..." "I-I don't know what you're going through... But please, let me help."

She took the knife from my hand, as I didn't reject because of the faintness of my limbs, what had I done? I just sent my girlfriend into a spiral of emotion bc of my own dumb thoughts.

"B-Bluey... I... I'm sorry. I couldn't stop myself..."

"Then let me stop you"

Okay Bluey... Stop me.

She took the knife and swung it, not at me, but herself.

"Bluey! Why'd you-?"

"Kenzie, I want to share whatever pain you have, your pain is mine as well. Let me know what's wrong."

"Okay... Sit."

She did as I asked, and asked me again... "Share the pain with me"

"Bluey, am I good enough?"

"What?" She asked confused

"Am I good enough for you? Do I do a good job as a boyfriend?"

She looked like she was gonna slap me again, then answered, "Mackenzie Border Collie, you are one of the best dogs in Brisbane, I couldn't imagine my life without you."

Okay... But what about this...

"Did my mom die bc of me?"

"W-what?"

"I want her to be here, to meet you, to have already met you, to see what I am now... I feel as if I didn't go on that trip, maybe she'd be alive today..."

"Kenzie... Look at me, I know for a fact it wasn't your fault, she had passed because of disease, you know that. I'm sorry, but it was inevitable."

"That... Helps somewhat. But then, I could have been there when she passed?"

"Yes Hun, you could have, but you wouldn't have known it was her day to go, you could have ended things on a bad note, and that my love would be the worst thing ever."

She was right... But even so, I still can't help but wonder what it would be like... Just to see her again.

"Bluey... Thank you. For being here with me, I don't deserve you."

"Not true, as you deserve to be happy my love, here..." She handed me a stack of cash... Why?

"Bluey... What is this?"

"Our parents joined together, for us to be happy, do what we want for some time."

"Then I have but one question..."

This was it... It's time.

I got down on one knee

"Bluey Christine Heeler, will you marry me?"

"Kenzie... Yes!"