𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬 💔 | 𝗘𝗡𝗛𝗬𝗣𝗘𝗡 & 𝗡𝗜-𝗞𝗜 |

Request from: justareaderlol (Guest) on a03 

Ni-Ki's footsteps echoed through the empty corridors of the practice facility, the only sound breaking the silence as he made his way to yet another grueling rehearsal. Despite the bright lights and polished floors, there was an undeniable sense of darkness that hung in the air, a heaviness that weighed on Ni-Ki's shoulders like a burden too heavy to bear.

As he entered the practice room, he was met with a cold glare from the managers, their eyes filled with thinly veiled disdain. "Ni-Ki, we're starting without you. Again," one of them snapped, their voice dripping with contempt.

Ni-Ki's heart sank as he hurried to join the others, his cheeks burning with shame as he felt the weight of their judgment bearing down on him. But he pushed aside his feelings of inadequacy, forcing a smile onto his face as he prepared to dance.

As the music filled the room and the choreography began, Ni-Ki threw himself into the routine with all the energy he could muster, determined to prove himself worthy of his place in the group. But no matter how hard he tried, it never seemed to be enough.

The managers watched from the sidelines, their eyes cold and calculating as they picked apart every flaw in Ni-Ki's performance. "You're offbeat. Again," one of them sneered, their words like daggers to Ni-Ki's already fragile ego.

But he bit back the tears that threatened to spill from his eyes, refusing to let them see how much their words hurt. He had grown accustomed to their criticism, their belittling remarks a constant reminder of his perceived inadequacy.

And so, he danced on, pushing himself past the point of exhaustion in a desperate bid to prove himself. But no matter how hard he tried, it was never enough.

As the hours dragged on and the sun dipped below the horizon, Ni-Ki felt the familiar ache of hunger gnawing at his stomach, but he pushed it aside, too afraid to speak up lest he be met with further scorn.

He was used to being starved, to being overworked and underappreciated. It was overwhelming, suffocating even, but he sucked it up, determined not to disappoint any more people, especially not his hyungs.

For their sake, he would endure. He would persevere. And maybe, just maybe, one day they would see him for who he truly was: not just the youngest member of Enhypen, but a talented and capable performer in his own right.

But until then, he would continue to dance in the shadows, a silent reminder of the price of perfection in a world that demanded nothing less.