𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 | 𝟏𝟒

.

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐀 • 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐒𝐁𝐘

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐀 • 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐒𝐁𝐘

••••••••••••

LAST SUMMER

Rain pours down on my body, drenching my once curled hair and leaving droplets of water running down my bare arms and upper chest.

I laugh a joke Kai told me as we walk down the dark, puddle ridden street, water sloshing around and going into the soles of my heels. "Jesus, the hangover I'm facing tomorrow makes me wanna puke just thinking about it." I chuckle while slightly slurring the words.

"Oh my god," She giggles, tugging down the hem of her wet, short halter dress. "I know right?" She agrees, her phone pinging simultaneously. "Shit it's my dad. He wants me home or else he's cutting me off again." She yawns mid sentence.

I laugh softly. "Can you get home safely?" I nod and she stumbles over to the private drivers car.

I shake my head as it drives away, and continue to walk down the empty street. Dribbles of water splash on my face as I blink up at the dark sky, and I feel my eyeliner and mascara run down my freckled cheeks.

Kaia's hand waves as a fair well out the window while the car drives by, when my phone starts buzzing. "Shit-" I curse while digging through my purse, sighing with relief as I finally manage to find it. "Hello?" I put the phone to my ear.

There's shuffling on the opposite end, and I pull it away from my ear to see who it is. I smile as I see it's Felix, and put it back to my ear. "Hey Feel' what's up?" I try to keep my voice less drunk-sounding as I talk.

I assume my older brother wouldn't like hearing I'm full-on drunk, alone on a dark street.

There's more shuffling, and my eyebrows shoot up as I hear sniffling. "Hey- are you crying?" My steps start to slow.

My thoughts run wild as I hear my older brother sobbing into the other end of the phone, having never heard him in such a vulnerable state. "Xan? Where are you kid?" I yelp as I almost slip in my heels. "Xan, sweetheart?"

I hum, registering his words before thinking. "Uh-" I look around for a street sign, but not seeing any. "I don't really know." I look around at my surroundings for a moment. "Are you okay feel'? Why're you crying?"

I look around the dark empty streets. "Listen.. just stay at Kai's tonight, okay?" He whispers, a small cry bubbling from his throat at the end of his sentence.

"No-" I continue to look around, for any sign of where I am. "She got picked up by her driver a while ago, I'm coming home now."

I try to sober myself up when I hear his voice. "I lo-" His voice cuts out.