The Thanks You Get

Rachel's POV: 

I sighed and walked down the steps to the dinning room. This place really was massive.

"I can't believe you actually got them to stand down. " Rory said as he floated next to me. 

"Neither can I. When Mackenzie started writing I thought she was about to go to war." I said shaking my head. It had taken little to no time for Maya to contact the other girls, then for them to arrive, and then for their handwriting to completely cover the page. 

"So have you figured out how you are going to carry it?" Rory asked looking at the book in my arms. That had been a part of the deal I had made with the girls, they wouldn't storm into the Gokai Kingdom if I had the book on me at all times to contact them in a emergency. The main problem it wasn't exactly small, or light, and for some reason it hadn't turned back into a charm.

"Not yet, maybe I can put it in a purse?" I wondered aloud, but then where am I going to get a purse? It's wasn't like I could buy one, they will almost definitely use different money here then we do back home.

"Hey don't worry Rachel I'm sure we will be able to figure it out." Rory said. I nodded and smiled lightly.

"Yeah we always have before haven't we?" I replied and Rory nodded. I opened the door to the dinning room to see several berries and pancakes on the table. The royal family was eating in relative quite. I looked at the table and there was a spot next to Ira. I sat down and the Queen smiled at me.

"Take whatever you'd like." She said and gestured to the plated of food. I nodded and started to fill the pate in front of me, as well as the smaller plate for Rory.

"Is that the book you used to contact your friends?" The king asked nodding at the book I had set down next to me.

"Yes it is, I hope it's okay that I brought it down." I replied quickly. I really didn't want to mess this up, I mean they are letting me live with them.

"Of course it is. Even if it wasn't we couldn't do anything about, especially when we are doing the same thing." the Queen said gesturing at the files she and her husband had been reading. 

"Thank you." I replied, and took a bite. They were amazingly fluffy, and buttery.

"Orion's the best isn't he?" Fluer said taking a delighted bite of her own pancake.

Yeah he might even be better than Mayas family." I said and Rory took a cautious bite before lighting up and nodding in agreement.

"He really is good." Rory said around a mouthful.

"And if you tell him what you like he'll be able to make specific food that you'll enjoy. Even more than these." Fleur continued excitedly.

"He'll create entirely new dishes sometimes based only of off what we like." Ira added.

"Really that sounds like it would be difficult." I said, but I guess Mayas dad did make an omelet named after her, "I guess I'll have to go down and talk to him once I'm finished."

"Speaking of  your plans for the day, are you still okay to hang out with me and my friends?" Ira asked.

"Yeah, what time are we meeting them?" I asked.

"Nine." Ira replied. I nodded, I have plenty of time to talk to Orion.

"I hope you four have fun then." Ira's dad said.

"I'm sure we will. Sirin always knows how to make something fun." Ira said with a small smile. He did that a lot, actually, "Something wrong?" Ira asked, turning to me.