Chapter Seventeen: The Past

[Recap]

"What is it?" Atlas asked looking towards him.

"Like where did you get that Tera Orb." Friede said.

"That's..." Atlas trailed off not knowing what to say.

"And it seems..." Fried trailed off looking behind Atlas and at the black box. "It wasn't the only thing you've been hiding." He spotted a Key Stone. He looked back towards Atlas. "Who are you?" He asked.

Atlas stayed silent, he looked towards Friede.

🗲 Destiny 🗲

[Brave Asagi - Outside Deck]

On the Outside Deck of the Brave Asagi, both Atlas and Friede went out of Atlas' room.
Both Ace and Brioche were back in Atlas' room.

The two humans didn't say anything as they made their way towards the fence. When the two reached their destination.
Atlas puts both his elbows on the fence while leaning forward.
Friede leaned against the wall behind him not looking away from the light-brown-haired male.

Atlas had his eyes closed as he took in the silence for a bit. After a while, he opened his eyes and looks up at the moon. It continued to be silent for a bit, until he spoke. "I don't know." He answered.

"Hmm?" Friede hummed, both of his hands were inside his pants' pockets.

"You asked who I was... But I don't even know myself..." Atlas explained. "I don't really like to talk about it... I suffered from amnesia." He said. "The only thing I remembered when I first woke up is that I was in the Kanto Region, Ace was there with me along with the box that contained the Tera Orb and Key Stone."

"How did you end up in Kanto?" Friede asked.

"I don't really know... But Cosmo told me that I was by the river when he founded me." Atlas said.

"Cosmo?" Friede said.

"Ah, sorry, you don't know..." Atlas said looking back at him. "Cosmo was the one who found me, him and his family. He's like a brother to me," He chuckled. "well, I guess I'm also part of the family." He turned back around.

"Your past... Do you remember it?" Friede asked, his voice has a kind of tone that Atlas was not able to identify, it almost sounded like hope.

"Yes... Well, bits and pieces." Atlas clarified. "Recently, I've been remembering some parts of my past, but there wasn't much I could go off on." He said.

Silence filled the night once again.

At one point, Atlas hugged himself as he shivered from the cold breeze, the tank-top he was wearing didn't help much from stopping the cold.
Suddenly he felt something around him, Friede had moved from his spot going towards where Atlas was against the fence, he took off his jacket and placed it around the shivering male.

Atlas look to his left and saw Friede placing his arms on the fence and leaning forward. He looks at the jacket that was wrapped around him before thanking him. "T-Thank you..." He said.

The two stood there in silence for a while, until Friede breaks it.

"I have something to tell you..." Friede told him. "It's something I've been hiding for a while."

"What is it?" Atlas asked.

"I've known you since we were kids." Friede revealed.

"Huh?" Atlas said confused. "What do you mean?" He asked.