Chapter Twenty: Surprise Visit from a Brother

🗲 Destiny 🗲

[Battle Café - Outside Platform]

"Is that Gym Leader Kabu?!" Roy asked.

The people around begin murmuring.

Kabu nodded. "The very same." He said and stood up.

A crowd formed behind the Motostoke Gym Leader.

"Are you taking a break, Mr. Kabu?" One asked.
"I was in the middle of a run, but I just couldn't pass up the sweets here." Kabu said.

"Please drop by our café sometime, too!" Another said.
"Thank you." Kabu replied.

"Can I visit the stadium later?" Another asked.
"Of course." Kabu said.

"So that's Mr. Kabu..." Liko said.
"Looks like it." Atlas said nodding.
"All right! We found him!" Roy said.

Kabu looked towards Liko. "I saw your battle. That was a fine Leafage." He told her.

"Huh? You mean it?" Liko asked.

"Yes. Your bond with young Sprigatito was palpable." Kabu said.

"Isn't that great, Liko?" Roy asked.
"Yeah!" Liko said.

"Hey, Roy... Didn't you want to ask him about the Black Rayquaza?" Murdock asked.

"Oh, right! Um..." Roy was about to ask.

Kabu was already preparing to get back to his run. "Well then, I should get back to my run." He said. "See you, everyone!" He runs off.

"Hold on a sec!" Roy called and ran to chase after Kabu.

"Oh, I'll go too! See you later!" Liko told Murdock and went to follow Roy.

"Hey, you two!" Murdock called, but the two were already off. He blinks for a bit before smiling.

Atlas stood in front of Mitchell. "Um, excuse me... I was wondering..." He said.
"Pikachu..." Ace is on his shoulders.

[Motostoke - Road]

Atlas is now currently on the road walking towards where the stadium is. He was holding two cake boxes with his right hand, inside it contains a Matcha Cake each.

"I wonder if both Liko and Roy were able to caught up with Kabu." Atlas said.
"Pikachu." Ace is on his shoulders.

Suddenly there was a roar, and Atlas shielded his face as a strong gust of wind was suddenly blown in front of him.

"Wh-What's going on?" Atlas asked.
"Pika...?" Ace was holding onto his jacket.

"Yo, Atlas." A person greeted.

"That voice..." Atlas thinks to himself recognizing it. He slowly looks up and saw a Garchomp. "Garchomp?" He said.

"Gar." The Garchomp responded.
"Long time no see." A guy said, he was on the back of the Garchomp.

Atlas look at the trainer. "Cosmo!" He said seeing the guy with gray hair.

After a while, both Atlas and Cosmo were now walking towards the Motostoke Stadium.
Both Ace and Buddy were following behind them.
Ace was on Buddy's head.

Cosmo has changed quite a bit since the last time Atlas saw him. Instead of his usual jacket and dress shirt, he now wears a long-sleeved white shirt, dark-blue blazer and beige trousers.

"I see... It looks like you have quite the adventure." Cosmo told Atlas after hearing the stories of his adventure with the Rising Volt Tacklers.

"Yeah." Atlas said nodding. "The Rising Volt Tacklers are like family to me, not that you guys weren't family as well." He sweat a bit looking at Cosmo while rubbing the back of his neck.