Caine Pov

I woke up to my beautiful mate beside me. I watch her sleep, thinking about the events that took place last night. That was the best sex I've ever had in my life. I normally have sex for myself, but I couldn't hold back from pleasing my mate. Everything in me wanted to please her in every way possible.

I decided to call for room service and hop in the shower. I returned to a knock on the door and went to gather the food. When I walked to the main area of the room, my mate was out of bed. I could tell she was in the shower because I heard the water running. I decided to text Mace to let him know when to come get us from the hotel. I wanted to wait for my mate before I took a bite, so I mind-linked my pack Dr. to see if he had an update on my situation.

"Mitch, have you found any information about my mate and our bond?"

"Hi Alpha Caine. I've found a book about spirituality and shifters, and I think it might correlate with your situation. So far, what I've read is that in the past, there were two types of humans that could mate with shifters without being harmed. Spiritual beings and witches. I didn't get too far because I had a surgery to perform, but once I find out more, I will mind-link you."

"I wonder why that was hidden from us. From my understanding, we couldn't mate with humans. How'd you find this book?"

"It was actually in plain site titled S&S, I guess I got lucky Alpha."

"Hmm... okay, well have it on my desk, and I'll mind-link you when necessary." I said closing the mind link. The moon goddess is never wrong, but I wonder what she is trying to do.

"Hi." I heard from behind me, breaking me out of my thoughts. I turned around and struggled, trying to catch my breath.

"Hi beautiful!" "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept well." "How'd you sleep?" She asked shyly, with her head down. I could tell she was thinking about last night.

"I slept amazing! The best sleep I've ever had in my life." I stated bringing her body into mine. I felt at peace with her. I never thought my mate would be a human. I rubbed circles on her stomach and smelled her arousal. I would love to have a round two, but I want to make sure she eats first so I lead her to the food.

"So... I was hoping to get your number so we could maybe start getting to know each other." I said looking at her nervously. Obviously, she doesn't know she's my mate and would probably lose her mind and run away if she found out I was a wolf, so I have to ask her to be my mate in a way she'd be used to.

"Yeah, that's fine." She said giving me a shy smile. "But don't play with my feelings, if you feel like you're not going to take me serious then don't waste my time." She said crossing her arms under her breast.

"I'd never waste your time, beautiful." I told her while picking her up and putting her on my lap. She looked at me shocked, and I gave her a swift kiss. Well, I thought it was swift. I couldn't resist after smelling her strong arousal. I deepened the kiss then squeezed her ass. I laid her on her back, then stopped after hearing Mace try to mind-link me. I forgot I told Mace to pick us up.

"Mace is here to pick us up." I let her know before getting up and giving her a kiss. She nodded with a grin.

Back at the pack house

We dropped my mate off at her hotel. Cam didn't want to leave her, but I reminded him that she'll be moving into the cabin on Monday and that I'll have some of our guards look after her.

I started reading the book Mitch left out on my desk. It seems shifters and spiritual beings had a war because of the rituals they performed to gain more powers. They figured if they sacrificed the shifters, the more power they'd receive. Which was true but unethical.

I needed to know if my mate was a spiritual being. Even though she has to be either a witch or a spiritual being for us to be mated. I wanted to know more about her and her family's history.

I mind-linked Mitch to have him look into my mate's family. He informed me he'd get back to me within two days. I decided to text my mate to get more information about her.