Lola Pov

"See you next week, Lola!" Tina, my coworker, yelled at me.

I waved bye and got in my car. I'm so happy I finished my 12s because they've drained me. We never went out with Mark last weekend, so I'm hoping to do something fun this weekend. I haven't seen Caine in three days because of work, and I can't wait to get home so I can call him over. Caine tried to set up a meeting for me and his mom, but she never showed up. I tried stopping by her favorite restaurant like he asked, but she wasn't there, and I'm a grown woman. What does it look like to chase after another grown woman? If I didn't care about Caine, I wouldn't be trying to talk to her at all, but I do care for him, so I'll wait until she's mature enough to come to me.

Taijah and I have to visit our family tomorrow about Caine being a shifter and me being his mate. Hopefully, they won't get upset and can tell us something useful without hiding anything.

I made it home and saw T and the boys outside grilling. I love me some BBQ.

"Hey girl! How was work?" T yelled.

"It was tiring as always."

"We just started. Maybe you can go upstairs and unwind while we make the food." Caine suggested.

"That sounds perfect. I'll take a nap once I finish, so just wake me up when y'all finish."

"I'll come help you unwind." Caine told me while smirking. I smiled and nodded my head.

"All y'all do is fuck fuck fuck. I'm surprised your body can hold up to all that abuse." T said before her, and Mace broke out in laughter. I couldn't help but laugh. I mean, she's not wrong.

"Sex is a healthy, natural, and beautiful thing. When you have the right partner, it becomes an everyday affair." I told her with a big smile on my face. She laughed and then shooed us into the house.

"You know, when we mate, sex will be unbelievably better." Caine told me while wrapping his arms around me.

"How can it get any better than this?"

"We'll be more connected."

"I guess that makes sense. I need a shower. Are you going to join me or wait in bed for me?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I'm going to join you."

I grabbed Caine's hand and trailed him up the stairs with me. We made it to the bathroom, and I made sure to turn the water on the hottest setting before taking my clothes off and getting in.

"How can you shower in water this hot? You're going to burn yourself alive." I laughed at how dramatic he was being and watched as he tried to make his way into the shower. He flinched every time he felt the water. I turned the knob to the middle a little before giving Caine the okay to come in.

"Is that better?" I asked him while holding in my laughter.

"Way better. I wanted to talk with you about something."

"What's that?" I asked him while lathering my towel with soap.

"I'm ready to mate, but I want you to meet the people of the pack. At first, I didn't want to mate until you and my mom were able to have a decent conversation, but I realized after the first attempt that it wasn't going to happen. My people need their Luna, and I'm ready to settle down and lead, but I noticed that we haven't really talked about the future. The only time there won't be an us is when one of us dies because we're never breaking up." He told me while rubbing circles on my back. I laughed, then carried on with the conversation.

"You're right, we haven't really talked about our future, and I feel like we only know little things about each other, like our favorite color and our favorite thing to eat. I do have a few questions myself, like, Do you want kids? We won't break up even if me and your mom can't get along? I don't kiss people's asses, and I don't tolerate bullshit. What is there to do in the pack house? Will the pack like me? How do you maintain your money? Are you willing to meet my family when the time is right?" I asked while trying to catch my breath. I looked behind me when it was quiet, and Caine was smiling ear to ear.