chapter three

Chapter three.

They had been making love for nearly an hour.

Normally they were good at this, but tonight it just wasn't working.

John was ready to let go at any minute, but marlena didn't seem anywhere near close to finishing.

He had done anything he could to help her.

Stimulating her, stroking her, even changing positions, but still, marlena couldn't seem to fall over the edge.

Marlena.

John said as he holding her hips.

Marlena rotated back and forth on top of him.

"This isn't…I can't…I don't know why but it's just not working right now.

Marlena said as she brushing some sweaty strands of hair off her face.

Marlena, that's okay, Another time.

John said to her.

"But you…you're…,

Marlena said as she raised and  lowered herself on john a few more times.

"Don't worry about it, it's okay.

John told his wife.

Marlena looked at him and frowned.

Why isn't this working?.

Marlena asked her husband.

"You're just tired baby, And you have to be getting sore, There's always tomorrow.

John told his wife.

Marlena bit her lip and nodded in resignation.

She gently eased herself off of john  and dropped down next to him on the bed.

I'm sorry.

Marlena told her husband.

"Don't be, I'm just gonna go hop in the shower.

John said as he kissed marlena's cheek before sitting up and getting out of bed.

Marlena nodded dejectedly and rolled over in bed.

She pulling the covers over herself.

Okay.

Marlena said to her husband.

Marlena....

"I'm just tired.

Marlena said to her husband.

Rather than press the issue with her, john just leaned over the bed, pressed a kiss to her forehead and walked into the bathroom.

Sex had always been easy and
It was their thing.

Not that it was all they did,
but from the very beginning, they'd been good at it.

They knew what to do to each other and when, knew what made the other gasp and moan.

They knew each other's bodies like the backs of their hands, so this was a first.

John knew she was overly stressed with work lately, and barely had time to catch a nap or relax. There were some days when neither of them could keep their eyes open thirty seconds after crawling into bed.

But whenever they started sex,
they always got to the finish.

John eventually got out of the shower, dried off, and slipped into bed next to marlena.

When he heard the soft snores coming from her, he smiled a little.

Maybe all she needed was sleep.

John wrapped his arm around marlena's torso and spooned her up against his body. "