chapter twenty-two

Chapter twenty-two.

Belle sat in her high chair, watching as john scooped a pile of scrambled eggs onto a dish full of marlena's favorite breakfast foods. "

John scooping  forkful of eggs onto the tray table of belle high chair.

"This is her first Mother's Day,
belle, Mommy missed it by three weeks last year, because you were still in her belly, so this is a year in the making.

John told his daughter.

Belle picked up a small piece of scrambled egg and put it into her mouth.

Mmm.

She said in appreciation.

"Well, I'm glad you like it.

John chuckled.

"Good morning.

Marlena said as she walked into the kitchen.

Mama!.

Belle said in delight.

"Hi, baby girl, Did you and Daddy make me breakfast?"

Marlena asked as she kissing the top of her daughter's head.

John smiled at the two of them.

We did, Happy Mother's Day.

John said to his wife.

Thank you.

Marlena said as she walked over to john, she put her hands on his cheeks and kissing him.

Marlena lifted belle out of the high chair and then she sat belle on her lap,

belle wasted no time in helping herself, her tiny hand grabbed
a piece and she began happily munching.

After they ate their breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen they give belle bath.

Marlena wrapped belle in her terrycloth towel and held her to her chest.

I'm going to get your gift while you get her dressed, I'll be back.

John said as he handing marlena
a fresh diaper and belle's dress before walking toward his office across from the kitchen.

When he came back a few minutes later, marlena had already finished dressing belle, and the two were playing with her foam blocks.

John joined them on the floor and then he placing the present in front of marlena.

Marlena picked up the small box
off the floor, grunting slightly at the unexpected weight.

She tore off the pink paper, then took the lid off.

She lifted the large, purple photo album from inside, and sat it on her lap.

"365 Days of belle.

Marlena read off the cover, Before she even opened it, she got a lump in her throat, and when she turned to the first page, the tears came again.

On it was a picture of belle
from the day she was born.

A caption underneath with the words Day One, followed in succession by photos captioned
 Days Two, Three, Four, and so on.

John, oh my God, Did you really
take a picture of her every day of her life?.

Marlena asked her husband.

342 so far, On June 5th, it'll be
a full 365 days.

John told his wife.

Marlena paged through the album in quiet awe.