chapter ten.

Chapter ten.

Marlena leaned against the wall of belle's nursery with a spoon and her ice cream.

She watching as john  pushed the crib to the designated spot between the two windows.

The ice cream was helping to distract marlena from how ridiculously sexy her husband
was as he arranged the nursery furniture and worked up a sweat while doing so.

"This a good spot?.

John asked as he wiping the perspiration off his forehead with the back of his hand.

Marlena spooned more ice cream into her mouth and cocked her head.

Hmm… yeah, I like it there.

Marlena replied.

"Okay, and what about the changing table?.

John asked his wife.

"I guess we can put that… where I'm standing,  On the opposite side of the crib, by the door.

Marlena suggested as she move out of the way so john could push the white changing table that matched the crib to the right spot.

After john finished lugging it over, he leaned against the wall, smiling at marlenq when she handed him their bottle of water.

Thanks.

John said to his wife.

Your welcome.

Marlena replied.

If I knew how heavy baby furniture was, I would've called Bo and asked him for help.

John said to his wife.

"I could help you.

Marlena offered.

Marlena,"you're thirty-eight weeks pregnant and You should be sitting.

John said as he capping the water bottle and handing it back to marlena.

Marlena wrapped her arms around john and hugged him.

I promise, belle and I are just fine and get back to work, the sooner we finish, the sooner we can take a bath together.

Marlena told her husband.

"Bath?.

John asked her.

"Yeah, Why?.

Marlena asked as she returning to her ice cream.

"Is that safe?.

John asked her.

Pregnant women can take baths right up to delivery day.

They're supposed to help with backaches, too.

Marlena said as she recalling what she'd read in one of their pregnancy books.

John moved the rocking chair over into the corner of the room.

"Hmm, we haven't taken a bath together in a long time.

John told his wife.

"I know, which is why we need one, Okay, I'm going to put this back in the freezer, Want a beer or something?.

Marlena asked her husband.

"Yeah, thanks.

John said to his wife.

Marlena smiled as she walked out of the room.

When she returned minutes later, she was holding a laundry basket full of baby clothes and John's bottle of beer tossed on top.