chapter eight

Chapter eight.

John entered the kitchen as marlena put a spoonful of peanut butter into her mouth.

"So what exactly are we doing today?.

John asked his wife.

"I'm sitting on the couch and eating whatever baked good Hope has
to offer me, and you're helping
Bo organize the attic.

John, we really need to pick a name for our unborn daughter soon, because hope is really grilling
me lately.

She wants to embroider her name on a receiving blanket, and every time I tell her that we haven't picked a name yet, she looks at me like
I'm committing a crime.

Marlena told her husband.

"Picking a name is harder than I thought it would be and There's tons of names out there.

John said as he trying not to laugh as he watched marlena pack a dozen or so Oreos in a Ziploc bag.

She'd been craving Oreos for a week now, and at the rate she was consuming them, they'd need more by tomorrow.

Yeah.

Marlena said as she taking one
last scoop of peanut butter before putting it back in the cabinet.

John and marlena are at hope's and bo's house.

John is in the attic with bo while Marlena is in the kitchen with hope.

Marlena on a stool at the island, ready to eat whatever hope put in front of her.

As marlena sipping on her hot chocolate, she nearly choked when the baby kicked again, hard.

"Holy crap, right in the side.

Marlena said.

"She kicked?, Can I feel?.

Hope asked as she walked over to marlena.

"Yeah.

Marlena replied.

Marlena take hope's hand and placed it where her daughter's tiny feet were busy kicking.

Wow, that amazing.

Hope said as she feels the baby kicking inside marlena's belly.

Two hours passed before Bo and John trudged back down the stairs, hauling boxes of goodwill items, bags of trash.

"All done?.

Hope asked as she and marlena emerged from the kitchen.

"Mostly dusty crap.

Bo, said as he wiping the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

He smiled when hope handed him and john the beer.

"Pizza should be here soon,one pepperoni and one Hawaiian.

Hope told the guys.

"Hawaiian?.

Bo asked his wife.

"Pineapples, ham, and bacon,
When I saw it on the menu, I made hope get it, I've been craving pineapple all day.

Marlena told her friend.

John smiled in feigned agreement,  The thought of pineapple on pizza didn't appeal to him at all, but for marlena he'd have a slice.

It was the least he could do, considering that she was housing their daughter.

Later that night.

Marlena sat up in bed, a large
pillow behind her to support her back.