chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen.

"Okay, Sing-a-Long Elmo or Rock 'N Roll Elmo?.

John asked as he and marlena
stood in front of the Elmo display, belle happily sitting on marlena's hip.

Toys 'R' Us was the first stop on their agenda, and they hoped that by the time they were finished, they'd accumulate a majority of belle's toys for her to open on Christmas morning.

Marlena looked between both toys and bit her lip in contemplation.

No idea, they both kind of creep me out.

Marlena told her husband.

"Elmo isn't creepy, belle loves him. How about we sample both, and get whichever one she likes more?.

John asked as he squeezed Rock 'N Roll Elmo's fuzzy, red hand and the puppet began strumming the plastic guitar attached to it, accompanied by a jarring beat that sounded more like noise than actual music.

Belle and marlena made the same cute face of disapproval, and john laughed.

Okay, then, how about the Sing-a-Long one?.

John asked his wife.

"Can't be worse than the guitar one.

Marlena said to her husband.

John tested the Sing-a-Long Elmo this time, and it belted out a melodic version of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, along with arm gestures.

Belle smiled in delight and let out a tiny giggle.

She listening intently all the way through.

"Sing-a-Long wins.

John said as he taking it from the shelf and putting it in the cart.

"I think so.

Marlena said as she spotted a bag of large foam blocks and pointed to the shelf.

Oh, I wanted to get her these. Blocks help build motor skills, and they're injury-proof.

Marlena told her husband.

John pulled the bag of blocks off the shelf and dropped it into the cart, which was growing increasingly full.

A puzzle box caught john eye, and he turned his attention to the other side of the aisle.

Marlena, look at this.

John said to his wife.

Puzzle Collection for Children," Meredith read off the front of the large box, Six colorful, creative,
and kid-friendly puzzles,

Put it in the cart.

Marlena said as she using her free hand to make room for it.

Marlena stopped in front of a baby furniture display.

I think belle would love this, too.

Marlena said as she admiring a
baby recliner seat.

"Looks comfy.

John said as he hoisted the large, square box off the shelf and put it next to the Elmo, puzzles, and other purchases in the cart.

Good thing Daddy makes lots of money, because someone is spoiled.

Marlena told her daughter.

Marlena pressed kisses to belle's cheek.

She's an only child for now, we can spoil her, Plus, we're putting her on Santa's lap for the first time today.