✵𝒞ℋ𝒜𝒫𝒯ℰℛ 𝒮ℐ𝒳: 𝒯ℐ𝒜 𝒟𝒜ℒℳ𝒜✵

-🏴‍☠️-

-🏴‍☠️-

Jack was uncharacteristically quiet and tense as they made their way through the thick and unyielding swamp. The crew was split into two different longboats, slowly paddling upriver. Jack, Pintel, Ragetti, and (Y/N) were in the first boat. Gibbs, Will, Marty, Cotton, and Cotton's parrot were in the second.

"Why is Jack afraid of the open ocean?" Will asked Gibbs as he glanced at Jack in the other longboat.

"Well, if you believe such things, there's a beast that does the bidding of Davy Jones. A fearsome creature with giant tentacles that suction your face clean off and drag an entire ship past the crushing darkness. The Kraken!" Gibbs explained.

Marty and Cotton turned around at mention of the word, looking very nervous. But Will looked relatively calm.

"They say the stench of its breath is like..." Gibbs shredded. "Imagine: The last thing you know on God's green earth is the roar of the Kraken, and the reeking odor of a thousand rotting corpses. If you believe such things."

"And the key will spare him that?" Will inquired.

Gibbs shrugged his shoulders. "Now that's the very question Jack wants answered. Bad enough even to go visit... her."

"Her?" Will furrowed his brows.

"Aye." Gibbs nodded.

-🏴‍☠️-

The crew approached a dimly lit shack in the distance, nestled amongst the tress and supported high above the river on thick stilts. Pulling at the raised platform in front of the shack, Jack quickly stepped out of the boat and turned to (Y/N), offering his hand as she climbed out of the boat.

They stood there for a moment, waiting for the other party to join them on the landing as they tied down the boats.

"Tia Dalma and I go way back." Jack said turning to Will. "Thick as thieves. Nigh inseparable we are- were... have been, before." The more he spoke, the less confident he became, his eyes glazing over slightly.

"I'll watch your back." Gibbs said in reply.

"It's me front I'm worried about." Jack said, giving (Y/N) a quick glance before climbing the ladder that lead to the door, after telling (Y/N) to 'mind the boat'.

(Y/N) turned to Gibbs. "Mind the boat." She repeated before stepping up into the shack behind Jack.

"Mind the boat." Gibbs told Will.

Will turned to Ragetti. "Mind the boat."

Ragetti turned to Pintel. "Mind the boat."

Pintel turned to Marty. "Mind the boat."

Marty then turned to Cotton. "Mind the boat."

Cotton went to turn to the person behind him when he realised there was no one else, so he just slumped back down in the boat.