✵𝒞ℋ𝒜𝒫𝒯ℰℛ 𝒯ℰ𝒩: 𝒯ℋℰ 𝒞ℋℰ𝒮𝒯✵

-🏴‍☠️-

-🏴‍☠️-

Pintel and Ragetti rowed the longboat with key members of the crew inside. Jack sat in the bow of the boat, clutching his jar of dirt tightly to his chest, while Elizabeth, (Y/N), and Norrington sat in the back.

"You're pulling too fast." Pintel complained to Ragetti.

"You're pulling too slow." Ragetti retorted. "We don't want the Kraken to catch us."

"I'm savin' me strength for when it comes." Pintel explained. "And I don't thing it's Krack-en, anyways. I always hear it said Kray-kin."

"What, with a long A?" Ragetti asked.

"Uh-huh." Pintel hummed in response.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Krock-en's how it's pronounced in the original Scandunavian, and Krack-en's closer to that."

"Well, we ain't original Scandinavins, are we? Kray-ken!" Pintel argued.

"It's a mythological creature, I can calls it what I wants." Ragetti said.

"Who gives a rat's ass how it's pronounced? It's a big, scary, creature that eats people. What more do you need to know?" (Y/N) snapped, completely fed up with the pairs arguing.

Pintel and Ragetti glanced at (Y/N) before looking at each other and shrugging, agreeing that (Y/N) had a point.

-🏴‍☠️-

Once the longboat hit the shore, Jack disembarked, tossing his jacket into the boat, left his jar, and grabbed a shovel.

"Guard the boat, mind the tide... Don't touch my dirt." Jack instructed.

-🏴‍☠️-

Jack, (Y/N), Elizabeth, and Norrington all set off on foot to find the chest with Elizabeth using the compass to try and locate it.

Elizabeth suddenly stopped, causing all of them to turn and follow the direction she suddenly began walking, changing course to mirror the needle of the compass.

Jack pulled (Y/N) over to one side as Elizabeth started walking shorter distances, circling almost as she tried to locate the exact place of the chest. Jack's arm snaked around (Y/N's) waist as they stood there watching Elizabeth, his other hand balancing the shovel over his shoulder.

A moment later, Elizabeth threw herself down onto the sand in a strop, sitting cross-legged on the floor with folded arms. "This doesn't work!"

Jack ran over to her, gingerly looking down at the compass as not to spook it before standing up straight. "Yes it does. You're sitting on it."

"Beg your pardon?" Elizabeth stared up at him.

"Move, move!" He shooed her away and she scoffed, walking over to (Y/N).