✵𝒞ℋ𝒜𝒫𝒯ℰℛ 𝒮ℰ𝒱ℰ𝒩: 𝒜 𝒟ℰℬ𝒯 𝒯𝒪 ℬℰ 𝒫𝒜ℐ𝒟✵

-🏴‍☠️-

-🏴‍☠️-

"Jack!" (Y/N) spoke loudly so that he could hear her from his place at the helm as she approached him from the main deck. He grumbled slightly in acknowledgment, his eyes trained on the sea in front of him. He gripped the wheel with an uncharacteristically hard grip, his knuckles almost turning white with the force of his grip.

"Jack?" She reached out to grasp his arm, attempting once more to get his attention but found no warmth below her fingers, not even a sense of recognition at her touch.

(Y/N) sighed in defeat, trying her best to hide the disappointment on her face.

They'd been sailing for two days straight since leaving Tia Dalma's shack. As they neared the gulf Tia had helped them to, Jack became more reserved and solitary as he held the wheel day and night. The rains had come in as they approached the gulf, relentless and unwavering as all the crew became soaked to the skin instantly.

"Wreck ahoy!" Marty shouted from the crows nest above. Everyone turned to the direction he pointed, seeing a ship that had run aground just off in the distance.

"Mr Cotton! Bare the wheel!" Jack shouted suddenly, almost making (Y/N) flinch. Cotton and his parrot appeared at the side of them within the minute and took over from Jack at the wheel. Still not saying a word, Jack grabbed (Y/N) by the waist and pulled her over to the starboard side next to Gibbs and Will.

"That's the Flying Dutchman?" Will said looking towards the wreckage. "She doesn't look like much." He added.

"Neither do you. Do not underestimate her." Jack said moving (Y/N) forward along with Gibbs, now they all stood huddled facing the wreckage. He shot a quick look to Gibbs, elbowing him gently to prompt him.

"Must have run afoul of the reef!" Gibbs added dramatically.

(Y/N's) eyes flickered over to them, sensing something strange was happening but had silently vowed not to say anything.

"So what's your plan then?" Jack asked Will.

"I row over, search the ship until I find your bloody key." Will answered.

"And if there are crewmen?" Jack inquired.

"I cut down anyone in my path." Will replied with determination and force. He then walked away, preparing for his mission.

"I like it. Simple, easy to remember." Jack said jovially as he walked away, leaving (Y/N) and Gibbs looking out at the wreck still.

Both of them knew Jack better than anyone, used his ways and his schemes but this time they both shared a look with an unspoken unease, knowing something was off.

"Your chariot awaits you, sire!" Ragetti called out, laughing as he prepared the longboat for Will. (Y/N) and Will shared a look before he climbed over the side of the ship, clinging desperately to the ropes as the rain fell heavily.