5: Settling In

[OP: "Grow"--The Oh Hellos]

"There's ants in here," Momo said when they entered the sleeping building.

"Ants are better than roaches, sweetie," Shine said.

"There might be those too," Karin sniffed. "And spiders."

"Stop being such babies," Temari said. "I live with scorpions that crawl in our windows once a week. Just kill it and move on."

"You don't have to be so bossy all the time," Tenten said.

Temari just sniffed and walked to one of the rooms.

"She seems tired," Momo said.

"I suppose she's upset that we took those risks on the way here," Shine said. "But everything has a purpose. Who's to say it wasn't best that we took the hard route? We don't know for sure we wouldn't have run into more going the other way. Let's not dwell on it."

"You never seem to run out of cheer," Karin noted. "But I don't find that a way to deal with mistakes."

"It takes practice, is all," Shine said. "Now, since we have 8 rooms, we girls can split up 2 to a room. Sakura and Hanabi will even us out. Karin, do you still want to share?"

"I'm fine with that." Karin wasn't anxious to associate with anyone else. She didn't think they liked her that much--and she'd have been right about half of them at least.

"I'll stick with Temari if she's fine with it," Momo said.

"That's fine," Temari said from inside the room she'd picked. "There are two bunks in here at least. Room for more--they must have planned this to be multi-person cells."

"We're sleeping in a prison," Camie said. "That is so not glam."

"It's not my first time," Shine said. "And I'm just glad this time is voluntary."

"Voluntary confinement," Camie said. "That's kind of funny sounding."

"We should call this place that," Shine said.

"You really want to stick with the airhead?" Sakura asked Ino in a lower voice. "She could just go with Hanabi or something."

Hanabi and Hinata were already paired up, however.

"I'm fine with it," Ino said. "Camie and I are used to sharing now, and so are you and Tenten, so it shouldn't be a big deal."

Actually Tenten and Sakura were more suited to being roommates because neither of them bothered to annoy the other much, but neither of them particularly liked each other either.

But Tenten didn't really like other girls that much, period.

[Tenten is a Pick Me, change my mind. She always complains about how she's never included by the boys.]

Split up this way, they didn't need all 8 rooms, but no one wanted to be alone in this place--it would have seemed creepy.

Shine decided to tell Wally and Gaara that the boys could have the extra rooms if they wanted to split up more. They weren't going to be crowded still.

Sai accordingly was moved to that building, since he wasn't really one for rooming with one of the other guys anyway. 

But Sasuke also wanted to be there. He didn't want to be any closer to Shoto or Dabi than he had to be, and thought the girls were the safer option, even if they might annoy him.

And since the girls thought Sai and Sasuke were the least likely to have ulterior motives for being near their rooms, they were fine with it.

Jugo also moved there. He didn't care if he was alone or not; he was used to it.