20: A Task Completed And Recreational Activity

[OP: "Hieroglyphs"--The Oh Hellos]

Finally, after hours of work, they were pretty much finished. The place might need a few more touches, but it looked operational.

Everyone was glad to be finished... One of the kids did start a potting soil fight when they were wrapping up with the seedlings.

The fight got a little out of hand when one of them hit Sakura with dirt, and she got mad and threw dirt back, and they dodged, and she hit Tenten instead.

Tenten threw dirt back at Sakura, who batted it away and hit Naruto, who used clones to start pelting pebbles and dirt clods at both girls--until Sakura got so mad that he was too scared to do it again.

However, by that point, the kids had all joined the "fun" and flung dirt everywhere before their moms or anyone else could stop them.

Though they finally got them to settle down, almost everyone had dirt streaks on their clothes and exposed skin by the time it was over.

Sai didn't really care. He seemed very quiet once he'd calmed down. But the girls were not amused

"I always get dirty when we do anything!" Ino brushed dust off her sleeves.

"Hey, kids will be kids." Wally tried to wipe some off his face.

"How did they hit you? Aren't you supposed to be faster than anyone?" Kankuro asked him.

"I was trying to protect the girls," Wally protested.

"Very chivalrous." Shine pulled a clod out of her hair. "Well...we'll need showers tonight for sure."

"They already did," Suigetsu said. "Unlike me. I don't sweat." He grinned.

"You still stink," Karin replied testily.

"Ain't no one's fault that you can sniff chakra, Karin," Suigetsu grumbled.

"What does it smell like, sis?" Camie asked.

"Uh...I don't know, perfume maybe?" Karin said. "Or plants? But...if they were human."

"That made no sense," Kankuro said.

Camie sniffed her wrist. "So the vibes literally can smell rancid to you? Cool. What do I smell like?"

Karin sniffed. "None of you are the same...but maybe...ethereal? Effervescent?"

"Oh, come on that's bulls--," Dabi said. "We all know you just say people smell good or bad based on how much you like their personality. It's not really about good or bad itself, is it?"

Karin reddened. "That is not true!"

"I think it is," Bakugo said. "That would explain a lot."

"How so?" Shoto asked.

"She always says Waterboy is foul, but he's the most sane person out of the 4 of them," Bakugo replied. "Even if he's a twat."

"Hey!" Suigetsu said.

"Trust me, from him that was a compliment," Momo sighed. "A dirt fight? Really? My mother would be horrified. She'll think I've gone entirely wild if she ever hears about the things I get mixed up in around the others."

"If that's wild, I think you're fine." Temari rubbed her shoulder. "Those little brats really just wanted to cause problems today, huh? But no matter, it's just dirt. At least we finished."

"I think it was funny that Sakura got mad enough at a 7-year old to throw dirt back at them," Dabi said.

"What happened to being nicer to Sakura?" Hanabi asked him.