18: Confronting Sakura

[OP: "Exeunt"--The Oh Hellos]

Day 38:

The next morning most of the teens were sore, and even Shine complained that she ached in new places since yesterday.

Wally was fine; he was a quick healer.

"Come on, guys," he tried to buoy their spirits. "The worst part is over. Today's the fun part."

They groaned.

"Why couldn't it rain today like you said?" Camie said to Temari.

"It's not that close yet," Temari said. "It has to blow over the hills first."

"How does she know that again?" Suigetsu grumbled.

"A sparrow did tell me early this morning that there was some bad weather rolling in," Jugo remarked.

"Oh sure, and a chipmunk was just saying to me that we'd be getting a real howler the next full moon," Kankuro said.

"He's serious," Karin said.

"He is?" Kankuro said.

"Jugo can communicate with birds," Karin said.

"Uh...how?" Kankuro said.

"I just can." Jugo shrugged. "I guess it wasn't part of the curse since I still can do it."

"Don't really see how talking to birds and raging out would be connected," Dabi said.

"Bro, what if they were angry birds." Camie raised her eyebrow meaningfully.

Dabi made a face.

"That was just terrible," Bakugo complained.

"Oh, shut up, you don't even try to make jokes," Camie said.

"My idea of a joke is Icy Hot trying to be culturally aware," Bakugo said.

"Hmm?" Shoto wasn't listening and looked up in confusion.

"Sometimes he reminds me of Sai," Ino said.

"In what way?" Sai glanced up with the same expression.

"Sure. They're both clueless." Sakura was in a bad mood.

Shine cleared her throat and looked at the others significantly.

They looked uncomfortable,

"I'm going to update Lord Onoki on our progress," Gaara said. "I'll meet you all there. Hopefully today won't take long. I'm anxious to move to phase 2 of our plan here."

He left.

"I'll just double check our supplies." Wally vanished also.

Shine cleared her throat agan.

"Is something wrong with you?" Sakura said.

Shine rolled her eyes. "Sakura, I think we do have something to say to you. I guess I'll start since no one else will."

"Oh, you do, do you?" Sakura said angrily. "Well, I'm not in the  mood for this today. There's enough work to do that you piled up for us, and I don't need your lectures. So no thanks."

Shine didn't get angry the way that most of them would have if they were spoken to like that on the verge of an apology.

"Hey--" Bakugo began to say, and Camie covered his mouth hastily.

Because she was Camie, she did not get her hand bitten for doing that, but he did push her fingers away.

"I think you'll like this one," Shine said evenly enough.