Event

Katherine's Pov

It's been 2 days from that incident and I haven't met Xavier till now. Everything is going fine these days and I hope it goes the same in future. Sara said that today we will be meeting Xavier and his friends for literally no reason. She said that she wanted all of us to gather and have some chit-chat. I don't even want to deny her so I have no option other than going with them.

I huffed and lied back on the bed. University is off for today so I have no work. It's already 4 in the afternoon and I haven't taken a bath yet. I didn't sleep yesterday because I was busy doing some work that's the reason I woke up late today. I yawned and stood up from the bed to shower.

I was about to enter inside the bathroom when I heard my phone ringing. What a great timing.
I looked at the caller ID 'Sara' and picked up

"Yea?" I asked in a sleepy voice. I'm in mood to talk right now.

"Did you just woke up right now?" She asked- no sorry she almost yelled.

"Mhm" I hummed and closed my eyes.

"Great. Get ready, I'm coming to pick you up." And with that the line got dead. I know from here we're directly gonna head to the place wherever they decided.

I immediately rushed inside the bathroom and striped out of my clothes. I entered inside the shower and let the warm water sprinkle over my body.

After a relaxing shower. I walked inside the closet to find a perfect match for the day. I decided to go on with a simple top and my favourite skirt. I looked at the time and it was already 5 pm. Seems like I took so long in the shower.

I grabbed my bag and phone and moved out. I locked the door and was about to turn around when I bumped into someone.

"Ow" I rubbed my head and looked at the person standing infront of me.

"Bitch can't you look and then walk" Sara shouted while rubbing her head.

"Ah leave it. Let's go now." I said as I grabbed her hand and walked towards her car.

---

The car stopped infront of some cafe I assume. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. I slammed the door shut and moved inside the cafe with Sara holding my hand.

We spotted all of them near the window seat engaged in some conversation.

"Hey guys" Sara yelled as she walked towards them with me holding her hand.

"Hey" all of them said together in unison.

"How've you been?" Zayn asked as he looked at me with a smile.

"Good you?"

"Good too" I nodded and looked at Xavier who was just staring at me the whole time. I quickly diverted my gaze from him and looked in the menu.

"What would you guys like to have?" Leo asked to Sara and me.

"Coffee is fine with me." I said with a polite smile.

"Yeah me too" Sara said to which he nodded and gave our orders.

We talked for God knows how long until I started feeling a slight headache. I closed my eyes shut and grabbed my head due to the sudden pain.

"Hey, are you okay?" Leo asked as he looked at me with concern.

"Yeah. I guess I'll be heading back now." I stood up from my seat

"But I want to stay a bit more" Sara winced like a kid.

"It's okay. I'll take Uber." I said.

"I'll drop you" Xavier said out of nowhere and stood up from his seat.

"It's fine-" I got cut off by him.

"I don't like repeating myself twice."

"Ugh fine" I muttered and moved out with him following behind.

We stopped infront of a range rover, he unlocked the car and I was the first one to sit inside. I settled myself on the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt. Soon after he joined me and sat on the driver's seat.

The drive back to the home was silent. None of us spoke a word to each other. I just looked out of the window the whole time.

"We'll be going to an event tomorrow." He broke the silence.

"What do you mean by 'we'?" I asked him with my eyebrows frowned.

"It means the both of us will be going to the event."

"And who are you to decide it?" I asked with eyebrow raised.

"I don't want to repeat myself twice. I'll pick you up by 8 and don't be late." He said with his eyes focused on the road.

I don't want to face any consequences so I agreed. I huffed and continued looking out the window.

---

A/N : The chapter is short and I apologise for it. I'm not well these days and my exams are still going on so yeah please try to co-operate with me. I'll be posting the next chapter soon.

Take care qts.
💗✨