PROLOGUE

In the labyrinthine corridors of the hospital, where the scent of antiseptic lingered in the air and the soft murmur of conversations intermingled with the steady beeping of monitors, two lives embarked on an unforeseen journey—one marked by the cruel hand of fate, yet tempered by the enduring resilience of the human spirit.

Sunghoon's story began with a sudden and devastating blow—a traumatic head injury that shattered the delicate balance of his existence. Once full of vitality and promise, his world was now confined to the sterile confines of a hospital room, where the harsh glare of fluorescent lights illuminated the stark reality of his condition. With each passing day, he grappled with the uncertainty of his future, haunted by the specter of what might have been and the relentless ache of what was.

Jake, was a young man whose battle against leukemia had become a solitary odyssey—a journey marked by the relentless march of time and the relentless assault of his illness. Despite the ceaseless onslaught of treatments and procedures, his spirit remained unbroken, a beacon of light amidst the darkness that threatened to engulf him. With each passing day, he clung to the hope of a tomorrow free from the shackles of sickness—a hope that flickered like a flame in the cold, indifferent darkness of his hospital room.

Their paths converged in a room where silence reigned supreme—a silence broken only by the soft rustle of sheets and the rhythmic sound of their breathing. In the stillness of that room, Sunghoon and Jake found themselves bound together by the threads of their shared suffering, united in a silent communion that transcended the barriers of language and understanding.

A fragile bond began to form between them—a bond forged in the crucible of their shared adversity, strengthened by the unspoken understanding that only those who have walked the same path can truly comprehend. Despite their differences—one quiet and reserved, the other exuberant and outgoing—they found solace in each other's presence, drawing strength from the simple act of being together.

Yet, even as their friendship blossomed, so too did the specter of their illnesses loom ever larger—a constant reminder of the fragility of life and the inevitability of mortality. For Sunghoon, the prospect of a life forever altered by his injury weighed heavily on his heart, casting a pall of despair over his once bright spirit. And for Jake, the relentless onslaught of leukemia threatened to extinguish the flame of hope that had sustained him through countless trials and tribulations.

And though their journey was fraught with challenges and obstacles, they faced each trial with courage and determination, drawing strength from the unbreakable bond that had formed between them. For in the darkness of their hospital room, they had found a light—a light that shone bright amidst the shadows, illuminating the path forward and guiding them toward a tomorrow filled with promise and possibility

(Before reading, If you have phobias or a fear of blood, illness, or more, please leave and do not read this)

(If you also don't like an angsty story, leave, I am already telling you as early as now, this is an angst story)