3

Joshua didn't know what he did wrong. When Dwight fades away from his vision, there are so many unanswered questions that have been left in his mind. He felt something was wrong with him.

He's not gay, did he?

"What's wrong, bro?" Sam asked him after he noticed that his best friend was so quiet today. He was so different, the Joshua he knew was jolly, but today he's indefferent. It seems like Joshua leaves himself in his house. "Are you okay?"

Joshua was caught off guard. "What?"

Sam laughed, "Bro, you're so quiet. It seems like you left yourself at home. Wait?... Are you the real Joshua?!" He even holds Joshua on his shoulders and he shakes them. "Where's Joshua?! Please! Show my best friend!"

Joshua smirked. "Please. Stop. Just give me a shot."

Sam just shook his head. He obliged and gave Joshua a shot of Tequilla.

They're in an expensive Bar in Poblacion with their other schoolmates. Joshua gulped the shot of Tequilla right away. "Please excuse me," he whispered to Sam then he raised his feet to walk away.

Joshua went outside the bar to light a cigarette. 'Did something happen to us that night?' He is trying hard to remember.

The clink of glasses.

They laughed at the stories they shared.

Each bottle they've finished.

Until it's started to get blurry...

"Shit!" he can't help but be cursed. He used to get drunk and can remember every detail that happened when he was drunk. But why can't he remember what happened last night?

Someone poked his back, when he turned his head he saw his classmate-slash-ex girlfriend in 1st year of college, it was Jane, her hand was hanging in the air like she was asking for something. "Can I borrow a lighter?"

Joshua gave the lighter to Jane, and she lit her cigs. "You're indifferent today. Is there something bothering you?" she asked.

'So everyone noticed huh?'

"Nothing," was Joshua's reply as he returned the lighter to his pocket. But Jane doesn't seem to buy it.

"Whose the lucky girl? Come on, spill the tea."

Joshua smirked. "How I wish."

Jane rolled her eyes. "I thought, there's someone who changed you already. I mean, you're never in a serious relationship. Almost every week you have a new girl, until recently.." She paused. Then she held Joshua on either side of his shoulder to examine his face. "I can't be wrong. Something has changed in you."

He carefully detached Jane's hands from holding his shoulder. "Everyone changes." For one last time, he sucked a smoke and blew it. He used his thumb finger to point to the entrance door. "I'll go back now."

When Joshua returned to their table and sat, his best friend Sam placed his arm on his shoulder and whispered. "Someone asked me for your number."

"Don't give it," he responded without hesitation.

"Don't you wanna know him?" Joshua's forehead creased.

"Him?"

Then Sam pointed his finger at someone on the other table. Grinning. "Why not try something different?"

Joshua doesn't know, he can't see the guy because of various colorful lights inside the bar, and for some reason, he feels like something is burning in his ears. He gulps.