6

Song for this chapter-"Good life" by One Republic

"Opportunities are like sunrise. If you wait too long, you miss them"

.........................

Holy shit. Ashton Irwin is standing right in front of me. While I'm practically naked. Instinctively, I put my arms over my body but my mind was too clogged to function. "You sounded amazing. Ashton's the name" he gave me his signature smile which could melt anyone's heart. "I-I know  I'm Danielle" I stammered. My mouth was wide open and I was looking at him, confused. "How, what...why are you here?" I tried to string a sentence together. "I live here. That house right there" he pointed towards the house that always remained unoccupied. "Holy shit" I whispered. "Finally got to meet my neighbours" he giggled. Yes, giggled and it was fucking adorable. I laughed nervously with him, still not over the fact he is outside my house. That's when I looked down and remembered my attire. I gasped. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" I gushed, desperately pulling at a branch full of leaves in an attempt to cover myself up. "Don't worry about it. Everyone goes around like that nowadays" he shrugged as if my half naked body was nothing out of the ordinary. His statement gave me some relief to know he wouldn't judge but I was always self conscious around strangers. Hot strangers for that matter. "I hear you guys playing music here and you sound so good. I wanted to come and see who you were, but I thought it was weird" he said. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "You did?" I asked nervously. He nodded, popping his sun glasses on his head. "Sounded amazing" he repeated. "Thanks" I smiled. "I'm actually in a band so you probably heard us practicing" I explained, gaining more confidence. His eyes widened. "What really? We have to hear you guys play!" Ashton exclaimed. "Can we come in or is it not a good time?". I was gobsmacked. He wanted to come into my house oh God. "I um, yeah sure, I mean, of course it always suits to come here, um- wait we?" I rambled on. "Oh I live here with the boys this is our own place. They're all playing fifa and I got bored, hence why I was going to go for  a walk but had the pleasure of meeting you" he smiled cheekily. My cheeks burned. "Well the door is open. Pop over w-whenever you're r-ready" I said, still clinging to the branch for dear life. "Oh we will only be two minutes" he yelled as he ran back up to his house. "Haha yeah two minutes!" I shouted back, fake laughing. "Two minutes?!" I whisper screamed before letting go of the branch once he was out of view and sprinting inside. "Guys!" I screamed at the girls who were laying round on the sofas . "What" they all responded monotonously. "It sounds crazy but please believe me. I just met Ashton Irwin outside the house. The neighbours who we never see are 5 seconds of summer and they are coming over right now and we need to get ready and get the place cleaned up" I said all in one breath. I didn't even wait to hear their reactions. I sprinted up the stairs to throw on something decent. I threw on grey sweatpants and a black crop top. No time to do my hair. Aah. I put it in a messy bun and decided it would do. I slid down the banister to see everyone running round cleaning. "If this is some sick joke I will kill you in your sleep" Laura warned, but deep down she was fangirling so much. "What the fuck, what the fuck.." Brooke kept repeating as she did all the dirty dishes. Chloe had such a panicked look on her face. "They will think we're freaks.." she dragged on as she tidied the sofas. "Guys shut up and clean" I yelled as I helped to tidy everything. That's when we heard the doorbell. We all went silent . "I'll get it!" The three girls screamed at once, trying to get to the door first. "Guys no!" I pleaded, fearful they would embarrass themselves. They all fell on a heap in the hallway. "Is everything alright in there?" I could hear someone say. It sounded like Luke. "Yes I'm coming!" I answered as I hopped over the girls who scrambled to their feet to try and look normal. I swung the door open to see four very frightened looking boys. "Hi there" Luke smiled at me. "Oh my gosh" I gushed as I put my hands on my face to stop my cheeks reddening. "H-hi" I replied with a smile before he pulled me in for a hug , which took me by surprise. "I'm Luke" he grinned. "I know" I chuckled. Luke stepped in. He looked at the girls weirdly for a minute, as if trying to figure out who we were. Nonetheless, he greeted the girls the same as me. "Hello I'm Michael" Michael greeted me with a hug. "Dani" I smiled in response. "And I'm Calum" he said before also pulling me in for a hug. "Nice to meet you. I'm Dani" I replied. Ashton followed their actions, proceeding to hug me. "We meet again" he giggled. We all entered the living room and sat around on the sofas.