18

Song for this chapter - "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne

"Keep your face always toward the sunshine- the shadows will fall behind you"
..........................................................................

4th May 2015-Lisbon, Portugal.

(Dani's POV)

After a lengthy trip to Europe, we finally made it to Lisbon for the first show. We landed a few days ago, and have just been spending time adjusting to our surroundings. We had loaded up the buses with all of our equipment and then also had our own designated tour bus for sleeping. It was surprisingly comfortable. This is where we were going to be staying most of the time while doing shows. It was by no means glamorous, but there was something special about sharing the space with the girls and travelling in it at the same time. It was exciting.

The guys also had their own bus of course, however we always gathered in one or the other each night to talk and just have fun. The prank wars were lingering however. I could sense that things were going to get pretty wild on tour, in the best way possible. It's crazy though. There were fans constantly outside the gates of the arena trying to catch a glimpse of us all. It felt weird to not have as much privacy anymore. Again, all new things that we just had to adjust to eventually.

It was morning here actually. I was one of the first awake. Laura was in the bunk below me snoring her head off as usual. I was careful to not wake her up as I jumped down. I got myself semi presentable, throwing my hair into a messy bun and brushing my teeth. It was so hot here too, so a light T-shirt and shorts was the way to go for casual daytime wear. Sunglasses I have learned are our new best friend. The difference a pair of sunglasses make in being recognised and nobody knowing who you are is crazy. So I always had a pair on my head in case I needed to leave the arena.

I opened the bus door and the screams started from outside. I grimaced at the sheer screeches of the fans, but smiled and waved over the excessive noise at 9am. I'm very aware that the girls and I are not overly famous. I like to be humble and still greet the fans as I always would have. So I decided to wander over to the gates and say hello. There weren't a huge amount of fans, maybe 20. They all had huge smiles on their faces as I approached the gate. "Hi guys" I said with a smile, with which many "hello's" were returned back to me. They all took some pictures and asked me to sign some merch. These were the first fans that I had properly interacted with from tour, and it was such a good feeling to know they were just as interested in us as they were the boys. "We can't wait to watch you perform tonight" one of them said. "I can't wait to see each and every one of you later. Thanks for coming out!" I grinned. They all waved goodbye as I turned and walked back to the arena.

I went backstage where they had said up a little breakfast buffet which was great. I grabbed a coffee and a yoghurt bowl with some fruit and granola and made my way to our dressing room. I curled up on the sofa to have my breakfast while glancing through social media. Many pictures were circulating of us with the guys while in Lisbon the last few days. We had done a little bit of sight seeing before the madness began, and the fans had spotted us and made it known where we were. I looked at a picture of myself and Ashton holding hands and smiled.

"So you're telling me you have never really been to Europe before?" He exclaimed as we walked down the street, hand in hand. "Nope" I giggled. I have family in Ireland and that's as far as I've gotten. Not all of us got to be big rockstars like you and travel the world so young" I teased. He rolled his eyes with a smile. "Well I am glad I've got to be the one who gets to show you around".

We were getting closer and closer constantly. It felt amazing having him by my side through this. All of the boys were like comfort blankets to us through these new experiences.