17

Song for this chapter~ "Moments" by One Direction

"The scary dreams are the ones you know are worth chasing"

................................................................................

Fast forward April 2015

(Dani's POV)

A lot has happened in the last few months. And I mean a lot. After Chloe's birthday last Halloween, we worked so fucking hard. We wrote so many songs, trialled so many different sounds and lyrics, we were in recording studios for hours, and eventually we got our EP finished. Christmas came around and we all spent it separately and celebrated with family. In between then, we celebrated Laura, Michael and Calum's birthdays. We recorded our first proper music video too. We were on a low budget but we made it work. We filmed "Here's To Never Growing Up" in a massive house where we recreated a huge pool party. The concept of the video was to enjoy your teens while you can, so we made sure to make it as crazy as possible. There were so many extras involved and different scenes. We even got on the roof of the house. It was definitely the most fun any of us have had in a long time. We had plans to record another video for "What The Hell" too. We have performed at a few small gigs here and there too and have increasingly become more popular online. Our dreams were coming true, in more ways than others. Our bond with the boys was stronger than ever. Did I mention Michael and Chloe are dating now? The 5sos fans gave her hate for a little while but it has settled down thankfully. Nothing romantic has happened with any of the others yet properly. Not that I know of at least. Ashton and I on the other hand, it was complicated. It was clear to everyone around us that we liked each other and enjoyed each other's company. Neither of us had ever spoken about possibly putting a label on things despite this. Things were nice at the moment. And with how busy we all were, it was almost better that we didn't have that conversation right now. But in the near future, I do hope that we get the opportunity to. I've not been this happy around someone in a while, so I would be shattered if I were to think it could possibly lead to nothing. I guess I will worry about that when I have to. Right now, there is no time for that as we were about to leave to go on tour with the band that inspired us to come out of our shells and do what we love. I had everything packed for the next few months. It was insane to think we would finally be leaving Australia to go and share our music with the world. None of us knew what to expect and it terrified us, but I guess that's what will make it magical to look back on in the end.

Today was also our last day with Bear and Charlie. Since we would be on the road from here on out, we made the really hard decision to permanently have them both live with my parents. We were too busy to give them both the attention they deserve. They would be much happier with my parents even though myself and Chloe are heartbroken to know we will rarely see them now. I had tears in my eyes as they both sat in the back of the car with all of their things in the trunk, Chloe driving us to my parents' house. It was going to feel so weird not having them at the house when we got home. We knew this was for the best. I knew they would be happy, even if it wasn't with us anymore. We pulled into the driveway, my mother waiting at the front door to greet us. We both got out, the doors closing after us as she gave me a tight smile. "Okay?" She asked. I nodded my head furiously, wiping away any tears that might have leaked out while we were on the way here. I opened the back door to let the boys jump out. They hopped out and immediately ran over to my mum. I looked at Chloe who was already looking at me. She gave me a reassuring smile as my eyes watered slightly at the sight of them with my mum. That's when I knew we definitely made the right choice and they were going to be just fine. "Come inside my darlings".

We sat with my parents in the back garden for quite some time, enjoying every minute. It was the last time we would be able to see them for a while. We were leaving for tour later into the night, so now was our chance to say our goodbyes. "I don't want to do this" I sighed as we all stood up. I went to my mum first and threw my arms around her as she squeezed me tight. "Go and absolutely smash it. And if you ever need anything, you know I'm only a phone call away" she said. I nodded, tears forming in my eyes. "I know mama" my voice wavered slightly. We pulled apart and she planted a kiss on my forehead. I then went to Dad who pulled me in for a long hug also. "Have the time of your life sweetheart. I'm so proud of you" he said, kissing my temple. Tears started flowing after he said that. My goal was to make them proud. And I had somewhat completed that for now. "Thanks Dad" I sniffled as I pulled apart. After Chloe gave each of them a hug, we turned to the boys who were lying along the kitchen floor. I embraced the two of them individually, giving them one last kiss and belly rubs. "Be good for mum and dad you two" I chuckled as tears flowed. Chloe was dabbing her eyes with a tissue as we both sat with the boys one last time. "Take care of them, yeah?" Chloe turned to mum. She smiled. "Only the best care for our favourite boys" she reassured us. We stood up before making our way to the front door with our parents, the boys following behind. "We love you both so much" they said to us as they hugged us one last time. "We love you too" Chloe whispered as tears fell. We kissed the boys one last time on their heads before climbing back into Chloe's car to get home and pack up everything.