3

Song for this chapter- "Irresistible" by Fall Out Boy

"I hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember"

TRIGGER WARNING: sexual assault mentioned in this chapter
...................

I don't think I have ever seen everyone so chaotic in my life. We were the only ones on the beach , it was 9pm and we were jumping around the place in delight. Luke Hemings has just followed the band account and honestly, we were ecstatic, but unsure. "Wait what do we do now?" Chloe asked as we all went quiet. "Um, I don't know. I guess we just wait? See what happens" I said. "But oh my God he will see all of our posts now" Brooke squealed. Laura and Brooke were not as big of 5sos fans as Chloe and I, but they still thought they were cute and enjoyed their music. "I wonder is it because of the cover?". We went into our band account again to see he had liked our cover of Amnesia. "Oh my God" I breathed. The girls all had huge smiles on their faces. "It finally happened" Chloe murmured, looking out to sea. I hugged her. Laura and Brooke soon joined. "Here's to a new start ladies" Brooke declared as we all giggled, savouring the moment. Just the four of us under the sunset on the beach, with everything going in the right direction.

We walked back up to the sidewalk as it had started to get cold. I wrapped my kimono around my body as the breeze tickled my skin. We looked up the street to see a few figures walking towards the supermarket. All guys from what we could see. As they neared I realised it was him. He stared at me as he and his friends walked down to the store to buy alcohol for Ultan's party, from what we could overhear from their conversation. He stared at me with this ice cold expression that sent chills down my spine. "Ignore Dani" Brooke cooed in my ear as she wrapped an arm around my shoulders and Laura going in front of me to give him daggers. I swear, if looks could kill she would be guilty of a lot of murders. I let out a sigh of relief as I could no longer see them. "Don't worry sweetie" Laura said, softening her gaze as she grabbed my hand. "What would I do without you guys" I chuckled lightly. We got to our vehicles and started to load our bags up. "Another day done" Chloe sighed as we all turned to each other once more. We all hugged and said goodbye before climbing into our cars, Laura on her motorcycle, and driving off. I rested my head against the window as we drove back home. "Tired?" Chloe said, not taking her eyes off the road. I nodded. "Can't wait to sleep" I said as she smiled. "We can sleep in tomorrow so no biggie" she said softly as we pulled into our driveway. We climbed out, taking our stuff with us. "Honey, I'm home" I called jokingly as we entered our house. "I ain't even bothered to watch TV tonight, I am hungry though" Chloe said. "Actually I need to take a shower first. You staying up?" She turned to me. I shook my head no and smiled. "I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight" I decided. We stood in silence for a minute, looking at each other before squealing and hugging each other. "He fucking followed us! Can you believe it?" Chloe exclaimed. "Honestly, I'm so happy Chlo. I didn't see it coming" I admitted. She gave me the I told you so look. "Okay you were right it was meant to happen around now" I laughed as she smiled in pride. "Good things to come Dani, I can feel it" she said while locking the door for the night. I made my way to the staircase. "Gotta rest up for our next chapter eh? Goodnight Chlo" I said. "Night Dani". "Love you". "Love you too."

.........

I woke up to the sun shining though my curtains. I checked the time to see it was 10am. Hmm, not bad. I sat up in my bed and stretched. I could hear little footsteps approaching my room. The door was pushed open and in toddled Bear. "Morning baby" I cooed as he jumped onto my bed and snuggled into my side. I think I forgot to mention that me and Chloe have two dogs. Both boys. And both huge. Bear is a Bernese Mountain dog and is only one year old. He is already huge however. Charlie was our other dog. He is a golden retriever and is also just one year old. Me and Chloe decided we wanted to bring fun and life to the house by getting two young dogs. We had a huge garden for them to play in, all fenced in and lots of space to run around. My dad built a great kennel for them, waterproof and insulated. That was only for the day however. We couldn't bear to leave them outside at night, especially if the weather was bad. We house trained them and got two massive beds for them so they could sleep inside. They were spoiled, to say the least. "Come on sweetie, lets get you guys breakfast" I said to Bear as we both hopped off my bed and began making our way downstairs. The October sun shone through all the windows of our living area, blinding me. "Yo them people who are never home in that big house are home I think" Chloe said, as she was trying to balance herself on the counter as she stared out the window, trying to get a glimpse of the house. "Any idea of who they are? It would be nice to have some friendly neighbours"  I said. She shook her head. "I can't see who they are. I'm sure we will see them at some stage" she shrugged. "You want breakfast?" She turned to me. "What you making?". "Avocado toast and eggs". "Yes please" I smiled sweetly at her as she rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath about me being a child.